cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Douglas

ironworker025
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone traveled up the 14 taking a right just north of Hermosillo and going out thru Douglas. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
I did it 3 yrs ago and had to disconnect tow car to go around to turn in hologram a truck and trailer would be somewhat difficult as I recall. otherwise a good crossing.
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have a neighbor who sells steel to the mines in that area. When he has to travel there he never goes alone and carries a pistol! You may very well have a nice trip with great scenery or???? We sometimes forget that travelling down 15 is not like the back woods. There are lots of areas in Sonora where even the police stay away. Not a popular route for RV'rs. Highway 2 is very scenic and mountainous. Cananea has an interesting downtown with the famous jail. You can see some of the large mines from the highway. There are many roads in Sonora that are paved but far worse than a gravel road. When it rains the result is thousands of potholes that rarely get fixed. Where will you turn in your FMM?

Moisheh

ironworker025
Explorer
Explorer
I am driving a 26 ft MH and it looks like it is paved all the way. I have a 10 yr permit so not turning that in. I looked at in on google earth and it is paved all the way. I was wondering if anyone had gone out that route in the last 2 years.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have gone out through Douglas but the normal route is to go to Imuris and use hwy 2 to Cananea. The route you are suggesting is a secondary road and I would never travel in that area! No matter which route you take there could be a problem in returning your TIP as there are no Banjercitos. I think there may be one just outside Imuris. Are you in an RV? How big?

Moisheh