cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Escapade in VT to FMCA in MA

wheelygoode
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have 2 days to go from Essex Junction, VT to West Springfield, MA. We will need one FHU as we have been and will be boondocking at both rallies, and would like a 'free' stop as well if possible.
Also, is there anything special we should wee along the way?
Thanks!
1997 Airstream LandYacht 30
5 REPLIES 5

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
I don't think they meant finding a free FHU....I think they meant finding a FHU and also a free one.....I think. 🙂
Perhaps, but Days End would still be one of the better sites for finding free places (especially since they are likely Escapees members if attending the Escapade). Another would be the Free Campsites Website.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think they meant finding a free FHU....I think they meant finding a FHU and also a free one.....I think. 🙂
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

wheelygoode
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the suggestions - good ideas! It's not far, but beach and bike in Burlington sounds great!
1997 Airstream LandYacht 30

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
wheelygoode wrote:
... We will need one FHU...would like a 'free' stop as well if possible...
FHU & free? Try checking the Escapees Days End Directory to see if there are any members that offer such a deal on their property.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's a nice long time for about 3 1/2 hours of driving (via the direct route on the interstates). You'll have lots of options.

The Shelburne Museum is an interesting place to spend a day (and it can easily take a full day). The collection is large and very eclectic: folk art, a steamboat, a carousel, hat boxes, interiors....

Another neat museum for technically-minded people is the American Precision museum in Windsor, VT; it's mostly early machine tools and related things.

The City of Burlington, VT operates North Beach campground, which has some full-hookup sites. The campground is frankly nothing exceptional. the beach is lovely (and popular), and in the next couple of days would feel mighty nice. It looked from a quick check like they didn't have too much in the way of available sites over the next couple of days. The park is right on the bike path (which extends for quite a few miles more or less along Lake Champlain and leads to downtown Burlington).