cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Redwoods down CA Coast

Ron_Butler
Explorer
Explorer
Need some suggestions. Want to continue on down the CA coast and take in Highway 1 with the Prius, NOT the motorhome!! :B (Please, don't need the "you can take the rig on it", we have been on it in the car before and I want to enjoy it again!!)

Question- stay on the north end of Highway 1 then drive the loop in Prius, going back north on 101? If so, where is a decent place to stay?

Or - take motor home south to some halfway point on 101, then back north with car and make loop that way? Where to stay there? Redwood Valley area looks about halfway.

Wouldn't mind staying around Bodega Bay area for several days either.

This is for our southbound trip back to Sun City AZ for the winter.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Ron & Carolyn
Tucker - Wire Hair Fox Terrier
Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ.
GO HUSKIES
Our Trip Pictures
Ron & Carolyns Travels
5 REPLIES 5

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ancient Redwoods RV in Redcrest is very nice. It's right on 101 in the midst of some beauties!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
paulj wrote:
Standish-Hickey SRA is a state park near the north junction of CA1 and US101. It's the south end of the northern Redwoods.

Nice place to stay for the loop.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
I'm a fan of driving a car down 101, too! I really like driving south on 101 because you can pull off at any time without worrying about crossing traffic or getting back onto hwy. Have a safe and FUN trip!!!!!

.....and not having to worry what state you're in.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a fan of driving a car down 101, too! I really like driving south on 101 because you can pull off at any time without worrying about crossing traffic or getting back onto hwy. Have a safe and FUN trip!!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Standish-Hickey SRA is a state park near the north junction of CA1 and US101. It's the south end of the northern Redwoods.