cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia to Maine

rstoro
Explorer
Explorer
Need some route suggestions. Traveling in a couple of weeks from Georgia stopping in DC then off to Boston then Maine. I have my route from Ga to DC figured out but the rest of the way I can take some advice. I know to go around Baltimore and Ill be staying at Minuteman in Boston but from there to Maine???
Thankis fo any help

R & S
Cumming, Ga
5 REPLIES 5

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Minuteman is a nice campground, we stayed one night there on our way to Bar Harbor. It's easy to miss though, look for the Citgo station.
Georgia to Maine, I thought maybe you were asking about the Appalachain Trail.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
You asked the same question in October of last year in preparation for this trip. Why ask again?

Forgot, lost answer, who knows and who cares? You've never asked the same question twice?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You asked the same question in October of last year in preparation for this trip. Why ask again?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Rt. 2A/110 to 495 north, to 95 north, then straight up 95 to Maine. Minuteman is in the town of Littleton, which is west of Boston so you won't have to worry about the city.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like skipping DC is non-negotiable but if you're going to stay in the area the best base from which to tour the area is probably Cherry Hill Park just off the Beltway on the north side. You can get a Metro bus to the nearest station or park at the Greenbelt Metro station and go in to town that way.

If you CAN bypass DC - find a way to get off of I-95 south of DC. South of Fredericksburg would be even better unless you would like to go through there at around 2 or 3 in the morning.

Then, head up in to PA via US Rt. 15 and spend a little time at Gettysburg, then continue north on 15 to Rt. 581 to I-83 north and then to I-81 north. From I-81 you can get to I-84 east to go in to New England.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B