cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going to the Sun Road - Glacier NP

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Missoulian newspaper of Missoula MT, Going to the Sun Road is now open on the east side from St. Mary to Logan Pass, and the west side will be open by next Friday, the 21st.
8 REPLIES 8

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
john&bet wrote:
Just remember no vehicle over 21' in length is allowed on it. My pickup alone is to long.

I've seen this posted before also. Frankly, I do not know their regulations.

However, I did drive over Logan Pass/Going to the Sun with my previous vehicle, a 2003 Chevy crew cab dually long box.

Not a problem, and it is surely the same length if not just a little more than the quoted vehicle above.

The only thing mentioned to me when I entered the park was to keep my mirrors in their innermost position, not extended in their tow position.

That's good to know, thanks. I'd wondered if my Silverado (same generation as yous, and also a crew cab dually long bed) would be turned back.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
john&bet wrote:
Just remember no vehicle over 21' in length is allowed on it. My pickup alone is to long.

However, I did drive over Logan Pass/Going to the Sun with my previous vehicle, a 2003 Chevy crew cab dually long box.

Not a problem, and it is surely the same length if not just a little more than the quoted vehicle above.

The only thing mentioned to me when I entered the park was to keep my mirrors in their innermost position, not extended in their tow position.
This is what we were told when we were there in July 2000.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
We bicycled it a few years ago. The road was just recently cleared of snow, but was not yet open to the public. It was wonderful to bicycle the road with NO traffic. We had it all to ourselves (a handful of other bicyclists, no vehicles).
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
john&bet wrote:

There is also a width limit of 8 feet wide, and a height restriction of 10 ft. Here is a link. Going to the Sun rd
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
john&bet wrote:

The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_4131d41c-d52e-11e2-ab5c-001a4bcf887a.html

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We will not be to St. Mary's until July 1st, but it's good to know that the road will be open.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog