cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to plan stops by miles in GS trip planner

kapnkirk
Explorer
Explorer
Was hoping someone knows a way to plan trips in Good Sam trip planner by miles, say 300 miles a day and the software would make a waypoint and then I could look for camping.

I have looked all through the trip planning on Good Sam and can't find it, if there is not that option could you tell me of another trip planning software that could.

Appreciate any advice, Thanks, Keith
18 REPLIES 18

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
I use the GS trip planner to plan stops. Set your parameter for how far off your travel route you want to see items. Then select the categories of campgrounds you want to see. It will display a pin for all that meet your selection criteria. Pick one that looks like it's about as far as you want to travel. It will display distance and travel time from other stops. You can also check the campground info link. If you don't like it, just remove it and try another.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
There always is the "manual" method.

Plot the entire trip with something that will show campgrounds along the way and then pick out ones about 300 miles apart.

I do that with the KOA site but Good Sam should do it too.....along with others too probably.

It really isn't that hard.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
Try furkot.com It's free. From their website "You can also constrain your days by setting Travel Time and Daily Mileage limits either for the entire trip or independently for each day."
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I use RV Trip Wizard for trip planning. It is a membership program which will cost you $40/yr but you can also try the demo free before purchase. I like it very much as it allows you to set parameters for travel,i.e.,miles per day or hours per day.(GS Trip Planner does not) Also has numerous options for listing RV parks, fuel, food, etc. There are many options available to you for planning. No individual software program does everything we desire but this one does come close. Also use www.rvparkreviews.com to look at what others say about stops. Google maps also come in handy for planning. Some people dislike paying for planning software as I do but this program satisfies my needs pretty well. We used it last October for a 3,500 mile trip and it worked out well for our use. You have the option to plan your trip then you can download it to your GPS when finished.(Nice feature). I find this program does things that GS planner does not do. Safe travels to you and enjoy your trip!