cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-10 east of Tucson closed

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Just came on news. I-10 east of Tucson, east bound lanes closed for 50 miles. Multiple SEMIs in an accident. No clue when it will open again.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend
10 REPLIES 10

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the media, but thank you for doing what you do.
Puma 30RKSS

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
msgtord wrote:
Wish I had the ability to investigate a crash and publish a cause and effect while sitting at a computer at home. Sure would have saved being called out at 2:00 a.m., fighting the weather and traffic. Wouldn't have to interview witnesses, victims, and drivers. No phone calls from the insurance company, prosecutor, NOK, or media wanting a copy of the report. No scale drawings, no report, no followup at the hospital, no court time.

A motor vehicle crash is often a traumatic event for all parties involved. Loss of a loved one, serious physical injury, financial loss, or prison time. No one comes out a winner of a crash.

So please, report the road closure, weather conditions, crashes, or disabled motorist. But do not speculate as the the cause of a crash. It serves no purpose. The media does it enough.

Aye Aye Forum cop!
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I had the ability to investigate a crash and publish a cause and effect while sitting at a computer at home. Sure would have saved being called out at 2:00 a.m., fighting the weather and traffic. Wouldn't have to interview witnesses, victims, and drivers. No phone calls from the insurance company, prosecutor, NOK, or media wanting a copy of the report. No scale drawings, no report, no followup at the hospital, no court time.

A motor vehicle crash is often a traumatic event for all parties involved. Loss of a loved one, serious physical injury, financial loss, or prison time. No one comes out a winner of a crash.

So please, report the road closure, weather conditions, crashes, or disabled motorist. But do not speculate as the the cause of a crash. It serves no purpose. The media does it enough.
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is around Bowie, east of Tucson and one lane is now opened. It was a semi accident.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Noticed this article when I was looking for the above link, emphasis mine:

Two Tucsonans died in separate vehicle wrecks Saturday.

Edward Espino, Sr., 68, died from injuries resulting from a wreck around 11 a.m. near milepost 276 on Interstate 10. Espino was not wearing a seatbelt when he lost control of a pickup truck that was pulling a trailer. The eastbound truck entered the median, overturned several times, and ended up blocking the westbound lanes.

Espino was ejected from the pickup and died at a local hospital. Connie Espino, 66, was not wearing a seatbelt and was injured in the wreck. She was admitted to a local hospital for her injuries, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said in a news release Monday.

A second wreck occurred around 5:30 p.m. Saturday near milepost 288 on I-10. Julie Getz, 55, lost control of an eastbound passenger vehicle. The vehicle entered the median, overturned, and came to rest in the westbound lanes. She was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. She died at the scene.

What the hey is wrong with these people not wearing see belts?!!

Buckle up folks!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
All that open space and they have accidents... Probably road rage i guess

Oh I just remembered something about dust storms again...

More likely is a sleepy driver. The accident was in the wee hours of the morning. BTW, one East bound lane is now open again.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link

No indication of cause, but it looks pretty messy!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's dead calm here
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Dust storms east of Tucson are rare. West, between Tucson and Phoenix they are more common.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
All that open space and they have accidents... Probably road rage i guess

Oh I just remembered something about dust storms again...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS