cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I40 or I70 west from Zion, NP to NC

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading back to NC after a 3 month trip and I'm hoping to take the route with the smoothest roads back home. I70 and I40 have similar drive times. Has anyone driven either of these two interstates recently and if so what was the road condition? Thank you.
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad
2013 Road Glide Ultra with a HydraLift
4 REPLIES 4

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how far East you are planning to go on I-70 before heading South. The past few years it has been pretty rough through Indiana. We prefer I-64 from Saint Louis East. It is better road and not as much traffic.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

clarkster
Explorer
Explorer
Right now, today 10/12....there is the first major storm system of the season moving into California tomorrow.
High winds and lots of rain are expected.

Fast forward to the weekend, and CO should get a major weather event.....

FYI only.....
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie crew CTD
2017 Jayco Flight SLX Baja package

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just used I=40 from Gallup to just south of Nashville and half of the rest areas were closed. In one long construction/one lane there was NO construction going on but here was a asphalt plant set up. Other than AR the rough areas were fairly short and there were not any serious delays in the construction zones... probably a half dozen of them... a mile of one lane for bridge work is not counted and there were 3-4 of those. Been several years since I've used 70 so no comment other than the best way to see Kansas is at night or from 30000'.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
you might find damage from Matthew, when you get back to NC