cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missouri to Estes Park, CO

98silvz71
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are making a trip to Estes Park, CO to see some family and to go to my sister's wedding. We plan on driving across Kansas via I70 and then I25 to Lyons and up Hwy 36 to Paradise RV Park. We are actually staying in the cabins there at the park and then going over to Mary's Lake campground and staying for one more night. I was wondering if anyone could comment on taking a better route or if we would be alright taking a 36' fifth wheel that way. I read another post about coming from WI to Estes Park, but wanted to see what other thought about our way.
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax - 20K B&W Companion, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and Stabilizer, BFG A/T KO2
2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 Toyhauler
2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel
17 REPLIES 17

98silvz71
Explorer
Explorer
brooks379 wrote:
If your in northern MO I would pick up highway 36 across Kansas....great road, little traffic and a lot of pioneer history.

If you want to miss Denver take highway 79 at Bennett, CO to highway 52 west at Keenesburg, CO to I 25. Good road there too.

We are from southern MO, we will head west through Springfield and go across towards Wichita, take hwy 96 to 125 north to I70 and are going to stop in Russell, KS for the night. Then get up the next morning and head to Estes. We don't have as much time going down as we do coming back. But I am going back thru Cheyenne, ScoBlo, North Platte, etc. to see some of my old stomping grounds. I have always wanted to show my wife where I grew up.

I will look into the Hwy 79, is it a good drive? We have a little more time on the second day to get to Estes, I wouldn't mind a short jaunt to miss Denver.
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax - 20K B&W Companion, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and Stabilizer, BFG A/T KO2
2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 Toyhauler
2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on where you are in Missouri. If North Mo, prob up to 80 is quickest. I would also prefer 36, although slower. You will find it very congested with tight turns in Estes Park. It's a tourist destination (trap).

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
If your in northern MO I would pick up highway 36 across Kansas....great road, little traffic and a lot of pioneer history.

If you want to miss Denver take highway 79 at Bennett, CO to highway 52 west at Keenesburg, CO to I 25. Good road there too.