cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome Painter in Mazatlan?

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
I will be heading back to Tres Amigos for our sixth season. This year I need some clearcoat touch-ups. Does anyone know of a quality autobody painter that is mobile and will come to the parks? There is a local guy, Francisco, but his quality of work leaves something to be desired.

thanks
Bob
5 REPLIES 5

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote from Juan. However as has been said he is VERY BUSY. Twice over the last few years I have phoned him to let him know I was coming for some smallish paint repairs (couple of doors, back panel etc) and he has said to phone him when I arrived. Both times, when I did call from the park he would not be able to get to it for a few weeks.

He has managed to do some work for me in the past and the works was exceptional.

A friend, who had repainted rebuilt his old Bentley himself had Juan do his old Vogue DP and said the same. He also said that Juan used the same paint that would be used at home. HE went on to say that it wasn't worth doing the job himself.

So: Juanito is the boy if you can nail him down. I might have his cell phone number if you want me to dig for it.

Not that there is at least one RV Park that Juan won't work in--they charge him too much of a commission.

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's usually not the paint even though there are many different quality's of paint, it's the prep work.
I had mine with a full body paint job used the best paint available in U.S and Mexico and it came out beautiful and is still shining after 6 years. Painted in Algodones Mexico in a booth. My advice if you are having a big job make sure of the paint quality.
We used BASF R-M paint, clear coat and lacquer none of which was water based.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Juan Salazar Jr. of Selene Auto body and paint does a quality job. He is Mucho Busy for good reason!

That said there are often issues with paint applied in Mexico. We have had tiny blisters appear in the paint which appear ,then seem to disappear ,only to reappear again. It is frustrating because whenever We have returned to the location where the paint job was done the Blisters disappear!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
juan is always busy but he can do it.

Cerroits (?) RV has a few rvers who have had there rvs/truck painted..send me a private mesaage and I will at least get a name of someone who knows who had it done.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

Talleyho69
Juan, Selene painting. Painted our rig in a park, and did a lot of other work for people.