cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Toledo, best route to Maumee Bay State Park

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heading up there on Thursday for the weekend, I-75 from Cincinnati. Google has me getting off at Miami Street then a bunch of lefts and rights to Cedar Point Rd. Looks like I will be right downtown, which is usually not good with a 32' TT....

What's the best way to get to Maumee Bay SP from I-75? Should I get off in Bowling Green and cut over somehow?
5 REPLIES 5

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Jeb5 - that is the way we go. Also try the Oregon Inn for dinner.
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. You will like this route. I know the area very well. Try fish at the Maumee Bay Supper Club. It is really a bar with good food. Near Maumee Bay State Park. Ask at the office for directions.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jeb, found that on the map and looks great, thanks for the advice. Randu, I see where you are looking but way out of the way to cross the river, go thru Toledo and loop back south.

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
I don't agree with the above post. I 75 North. Exit 795. Go East to 280, North on 280 to Navarre Ave. Go East and follow the signs. You are only on 795 for a few short miles. Good roads all the way.

The biggest issue is the construction on I 75 from Bowling Green to the 475/75 split. Concrete barriers. Driving in a tunnel.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
No easy way from the south but to stay on 75 and come in from the north on 280 to hwy 2 is easy with large trailer. Not sure if this will work but here is a MAP to look at.

From the south I would stay on 75 to north side of Toledo and then connect to 280 southbound.
Cross over the river and the 1st exit will be Front Street-(pass by) and 2nd exit will be Hwy 2 or Navarre St.

Turn left(east)on Hwy 2 (Navarre St) and go about 3 miles to Norden Rd. (left turn-north)

Norden rd will run right into the campground entrance.

Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3