cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New York / Vermont Rt. 7/9

straightup
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I am planning a trip to the White Mountains in NH from South Carolina and want to take the scenic route from Albany NY across Vermont using route 7 and route 9. Has anyone traveled this route in a mid sized class "A"? Wondering about the condition of the road and low clearances. Can a 38' with a 12' trailer travel this road without issues??
8 REPLIES 8

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Drove 7/9 from Troy to Concord a week ago. Slow thru the small towns but very scenic thru the mountain areas.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
White Mountains equal fun but Ill never drive up down MT Washington again! To intense for me! We did the Zip Line tour in North Conway which was fun. Stayed in Danforth Forth Bay on Lake Ossippee. If you go there Yankee BBQ has a dinner called the "the feast" best BBQ ever. Supposed to feed four and there were 4 of us, but we brought home enough to eat it again! The Carved Welcome bear on my front pirch is from there and reminds me of the trip. Fun time!
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Rt. 279 around Bennington is not a bad idea we use it now when we head to Vt. to ski.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

straightup
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
Yes dragged a 53' semi trailer of that route MANY a times.

Thanks, any other issues that I should watch for? Should I take the 279 beltway around Bennington?

straightup
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Laconia NH. for bike week...Been 10 years since I have been up to the granite state. Love it in the summer time but......

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
As said before yes, just take your time thru the small towns, how far across Rt. 9 in Vt. do you plan to go?
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Yes dragged a 53' semi trailer of that route MANY a times.

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
YES
al