cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norfolk, Va to Hershey, Pa best route

Rescue16
Explorer
Explorer
Will be going to Hershey, PA in 3 weeks and looking for a route recommendation. Have a 35 foot TT and Ford F350 (see signature). Would like to avoid DC and the belt way and any major road construction. Thanks in advance for your input!
Rescue 16 - United States Navy Retired and Proud
Lovely Wife Carla ๐Ÿ™‚
The Crew Alicia and Johnathan :B
The Camping Dog Kamp Chaos ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Keystone Cougar 32RBK
2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke
2 REPLIES 2

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We usually take US17 from Fredericksburg but are typically heading to I66 then I81 north. Not sure how 15 is until you get into Maryland, believe it's 2 lane but not terribly congested. Think I've seen posts about it, you might try a search.

We've been bitten by traffic delays and don't drive interstate speed limits so we often travel US 460 to I295 to 95, especially in reverse coming home where we get off 64 at exit 286. We tow a 5er.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
You could always take U.S. 17 north of Fredericksburg to U.S. 15/29 and head North. Stay on U.S. 15 Northbound until PA 581 East. When you drive past the Shopping Outlets on U.S. near Gettysburg, wave at the 1000 home housing development on your right past the outlets. I can hear the traffic on U.S. 15
I take that route to Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania and Chancellorsville all the time for battlefield visits.

Also be advised that southbound U.S. 15 as of right now is one lane from PA-394 until the Maryland Line.