cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon coast advice

Jenanne
Explorer
Explorer
end of august begin of Sept traveling From Cannon to Newport Beaches then headed to Crater Lake National Park ..How is hwy 126 East toward Eugene from the 101?, then 58 to 97 ? we have a 40 foot towing jeep. any advice?
5 REPLIES 5

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep your eyes on the road. That is the biggest challenge. Expect rain and then you can be happy if you get dry weather.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 138 section off 38 going the south route to
I5 is fine. Use it every year.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Y-Guy
We drive 126 a couple times a year, its pretty smooth sailing, Hwy 569 aka Beltline takes you on the North side of Eugene to I-5, pretty easy even with traffic is busy. Hwy 38, south to Reedsport is a very nice drive too, I've never driven the Hwy 138 that goes south, I'd just head over to I-5. I used to run trips down Hwy 101 through the Redwoods on Hwy 199 then over to Crater Lake. Talk about a wonderful change of scenery from Coast to Redwoods to Crater Lake.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
All good roads. 58 has a 6 mile 6% uphill going east but the downgrade isn't much. Collier State Park for a day trip to Crater Lake. https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=165 And go to the logging museum across the street if your interested in old iron.

From Newport you can also take US20 east to I-5. It is also a fine road. Four small pulls but they are short and under 900' in elevation.

In theroy you can take your MH to Crater Lake but I wouldn't advise it. There is several buses that do tours around the lake and they make several stops, or you can drive your own.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OR 126 is a good two lane highway.Have you been to the Oregon Sand dunes? I would think about going farther south and go across OR 38.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker