cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pinery Halloween Weekend

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone going to be at The Pinery next weekend for their annual Halloween festivities?
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite
15 REPLIES 15

jimjandy
Explorer
Explorer
Wish we could make but Oldest son and wife are working. We will be up on the 13th of Novemeber, hopefully we will see some hardy souls there that weekend as well

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I wish guys, have fun
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Site 799 ....... you have the Hybrid with the copper colored canvas bunk ends...... correct?

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
mezerr wrote:
We've always booked Riverside 4. Is Riverside 1 better for Halloween weekend?

Yes.

Done Area 4 and it can't compare to the grid style parking in Area 1 for Trick or Treating :C
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

mezerr
Explorer
Explorer
We've always booked Riverside 4. Is Riverside 1 better for Halloween weekend? I think I will walk over there sometime on Friday and see what it's like. I'm thinking there might be more decorated sites here then in R4?

I think R1 might be better because it's a little more compact then R4.

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
mezerr wrote:

Can I suggest spreading out your group a little bit to avoid large, undecorated areas?

Happens. We especially like Area 1 for the MASSIVE amount of kids! We have had in excess of 200 on a good weekend and all the rows are full and decorated. Really hard to get a ressie for that area unless you book in advance.

mezerr
Explorer
Explorer
We will be there. We are on site 799, in R4. We always have a great time!

Last year, we were setup in a row where we were the only site that was lit up, and decorated. This was because 5-6 families decided to group together and decorate one large site (in a different area of the park), leaving their own site empty, dark, and undecorated. They just used it to park their trailer for sleeping. Because of this, our row was fairly dark, and not many kids came down.

Can I suggest spreading out your group a little bit to avoid large, undecorated areas?

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
We won't be there. We were camping this past week and McGregor was booked solid for this weekend, for their Halloween haunted hike and festivities, so we could only get a site for Wednesday.
We ended up at Sauble Falls instead.( They don't do Halloween) and the park was almost empty.
We left Friday so we wouldn't get snowed on. Rained most of the day Thursday and Friday started out raining continuously, so we came home to watch the Blue Jays win...OOOPS that didn't happen! But they WILL make a comeback.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
I have 285 mini chocolate bars, and 2 packages of rot your teeth out scary eye ball gum balls..... stop over and get one,or two

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
No, but it's Bronte Creek's this weekend, and next, so popular they now do two.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
shum02 wrote:
CoMoCo wrote:
It is at Pinery Provincial Park, just south of Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada.

I will not be there but have been in the past and it is a great weekend.

x2!

It's been a few years but we used to have a blast when the kids where younger ๐Ÿ™‚

Some awesome site decorations for Halloween!

We will be there, hopefully the weather will co-operate. We havn't done the Pinery Halloween in quite some time ...... you havn't seen awesome sites till you see the Halloween displays at Wheatley. They have actually extended the season by one day ( closes after the Thanksgiving weekend) to give people time to pack up their sites .... I tell you, it is just one big fun party on the Saturday nite, the whole family will enjoy!

FC
Explorer
Explorer
We have three family friends who go to the Pinery every year for the Halloween campouts. They already have sites reserved for this year.
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
CoMoCo wrote:

x2!

It's been a few years but we used to have a blast when the kids where younger ๐Ÿ™‚

Some awesome site decorations for Halloween!

CoMoCo
Explorer
Explorer

'23 Silverado High Country 3500 SRW LB D/A; '22 Cedar Creek 345IK