cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route 476

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for info on Route 476 in PA. Traveling from Kutztown PA to Delaware. Anyone use this road or should it be avoided.
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800
7 REPLIES 7

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks as always for the info.
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
Always crowded, always aggressive drivers, always high speed, always lot of construction, seems you always hit a backup, a lot of up and down hills and for an interstate it is pretty narrow and to think you have to pay for all that when you drive it.. Other than that it will get you headed to Del and it is probably the best way to Del. from that part of the world..

darsben1 wrote:
do you mean the PA turnpike 476?

The PA Turnpike is not 476 . . The North East Extension is 476 . .The Turnpike is 276 East of King Of Prussia, and 76 West of there
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

On the northern end it is the NE Extension ( Toll Road )... below the Pa Turnpike it is just the Blue Route with no tolls.. It is a main artery to 95, so it can get congested depending on the time of day.

Overall it is a decent road, with decent flow most of the time. We take it when we are heading south and do not want to deal with 95 in Philly..

Once you get on up near Allentown, you will hit some on going construction down after the Quakertown or Lansdale exits, but that will clear up.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Toll Road) until you get to Plymouth Meeting.

And, it's Pennsylvania. Always expect road construction/repairs.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I take 476 from rt. 22 south to I-95 once or twice a week. There's a stretch of construction, maybe 10 miles. Once you get down towards rt 3 and rt1 there can be some backups. Overall, though, it's not a bad route.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
do you mean the PA turnpike 476?
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind