cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Soda Springs ID to Alpine WY

Kodiak02
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone travelled Hwy 34? I know that once you hit Hwy 89 to Alpine it is a nice drive. Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Steve_83406
Explorer
Explorer
I once drove 34 looking for curves in a MB 350SLK... I was greatly disappointed. It's chip-seal paved, about standard width for a two-lane highway, limited shoulders, with a couple good 90 (or more) degree corners that you can see on the map. Curves were not particularly well banked, but are reasonable. I'm trying to remember, but I don't think the road is painted as a divided highway the entire way. I'd have no problem driving it with my Ram 2500 and 24' Prowler TT. I always drive with a GPS so I can "see" the curves well in advance. If you have a big Class A with a toad, this road might not be as fun, but it is passable.

Steve

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
US 30 will have heavy traffic with a lot of truck traffic. Highway 34 will have very little truck and other traffic.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Kodiak02 wrote:
Has anyone travelled Hwy 34? I know that once you hit Hwy 89 to Alpine it is a nice drive. Thank you!

If I haven't driven a road I rarely comment - but if you are up for a new Drive I'd give it a try. Looks easy enough and has a little different terrain, but nothing looks as if it would be a challenge.

If you take it be sure to get back to us and let us know how it was.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i think you will be much happier sticking to 30,a great road just re-did a couple years ago. i have only been on a little bit of 34 and it was an old road with lots of curves