cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salt lake city to jacksin,wy in a 40ft motorhome???

OLDROADDOG
Explorer
Explorer
Any comments on a salt lake to jackson,wy trip in a 40ft class A???
5 REPLIES 5

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
If you ever make the mistake of taking Teton Pass, you will never forget it and never do it again. How do I know? I've done it.

We have done the Teton Pass (route 22), the Beartooth and Chief Joseph Highways, both routes 16 and 14 over the Bighorn mountains and Wolf Creek Pass in CO in our Class C. The Teton Pass is the one we will never do again.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely take Alpine Junction into Jackson. We drove from Salt Lake City, actually from Bear Lake up over Salt Pass and down into Afton, then Alpine Junction. If you ever make the mistake of taking Teton Pass, you will never forget it and never do it again. How do I know? I've done it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
avoid highway 22 from Jackson to Victor, ID.
use 89 north, up through Alpine WY.

^^^^^ I Agree ^^^^^

Nice easy drive follows the River.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
avoid highway 22 from Jackson to Victor, ID.
use 89 north, up through Alpine WY.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
I15 to Idaho Falls then route 26 to Alpine Junction then route 89/191 to Jackson. No mountain driving.

A more scenic route and the one we have used several times is I15 to Brigham City then route 89 all the way to Alpine Junction. Between Logan and Garden City route 89 passes through the Logan Canyon Scenic Byway. Somewhat curvy but no switchbacks and about 1-2 miles of 6% grade going down to Garden City. Beautiful drive.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚