cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

South Jersey to Cape Cod

bresdogsr
Explorer
Explorer
40ft Class A DP. Trying to find the best way to Boston/Cape Cod KOA in Middleborough MA. Do not want to go over the George Washington Bridge. I will be travelling on Sunday both ways, so the toll on the Tappen Zee is considered off peak $10.00 not too bad. I was thinking NJ Turnpike to exit 10 to RT 287 over the Tappen Zee and back on 95 for the rest of the trip. Not sure about the Connecticut traffic on Sunday. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
9 REPLIES 9

bresdogsr
Explorer
Explorer
We took the NJ Turnpike to exit 10 to RT 287 to over the Tappen Zee to 684 to 84 to 90 (Mass Twp) and to 495. Great roads overall with the exception of a few sections. Thanks for the advice.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
bresdogsr wrote:
The_Painting_Teacher wrote:
Keep in mind that "Cape Cod" KOA is not on Cape Cod, but a 25 minute drive away. If you plan on visiting the Cape do not attempt that drive Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday morning or leave the Cape on Sunday afternoon/evening. Backups of 5 - 10 miles (seriously) are common.

Thanks, I am aware of that we are trying to do a few different areas in Mass and RI and this worked distance and time wise. We would be leaving early Sunday morning to head home, so I think we will be alright.

Thanks all for your responses time to recheck the maps.

hate to tell you, but all have the same idea..and if it's raining or cloudy, they all leave earlier..listen to the Teacher.....years back,and it hasn't gotten musc better ,same roads, it took us 5 hrs from Hyannis to the Canal.....C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

bresdogsr
Explorer
Explorer
The_Painting_Teacher wrote:
Keep in mind that "Cape Cod" KOA is not on Cape Cod, but a 25 minute drive away. If you plan on visiting the Cape do not attempt that drive Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday morning or leave the Cape on Sunday afternoon/evening. Backups of 5 - 10 miles (seriously) are common.

Thanks, I am aware of that we are trying to do a few different areas in Mass and RI and this worked distance and time wise. We would be leaving early Sunday morning to head home, so I think we will be alright.

Thanks all for your responses time to recheck the maps.

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
X3 jplante4

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Done the CT1964 route many times and say that is the best.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
bresdogsr wrote:
40ft Class A DP. Trying to find the best way to Boston/Cape Cod KOA in Middleborough MA. Do not want to go over the George Washington Bridge. I will be travelling on Sunday both ways, so the toll on the Tappen Zee is considered off peak $10.00 not too bad. I was thinking NJ Turnpike to exit 10 to RT 287 over the Tappen Zee and back on 95 for the rest of the trip. Not sure about the Connecticut traffic on Sunday. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would go over the Tap..then up 684 to 84..take 84 to 90 in Sturbridge to 90 to 495 straight onto the Cape...I'm sure its longer but I would think less traffic....C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
NO need to go over the GW Bridge. Bypass NYC completely.

JPLANTE4 has your answer.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
No need to take the I-287 loop on a Sunday. We did the Turnpike to Woodbridge, then the GSP to I-287, over the Tappan Zee to I-95 to Providence, then I-195 to I-495. Exit 5 (US44) gets you to the KOA. We always try to make this trip on Sunday and have never hit any bad traffic. The most problematic spot (I-95/I-91 interchange in New Haven) has been finished and has been a breeze the last 5 times we did this.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox