cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tappan Zee Bridge Closed Indefinitely

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
A crane accident has closed the Tappan Zee Bridge "indefinitely". Drivers are urged to avoid the area and to seek alternate routes. There was no definition given for "indefinitely" but the accident was serious enough that they must check the integrity of the bridge. Five people were seriously injured in the collapse of the crane.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
5 REPLIES 5

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Demoon! I have been remiss in not updating the thread.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tappan-zee-bridge-lane-remains-closed-crane-collapse-article-1.2... Pretty much back to "normal." Still better than the GW, even with one lane closed in one direction.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Reopened one way, opening both ways later tonight. Amazing no one was seriously hurt.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Crews are currently assessing the structural integrity of the bridge. The crane was on the deck of a new bridge being built nearby when the collapse occurred.

Tappen Zee Bridge remains closed...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

It looks like traffic just got a whole lot worse around that area.. That is , if it could get worse...

I traveled down to Eastern PA from Rhode Island yesterday... had the choice of either 287 across the Tapp , or the GW Bridge.. I figured that since it would be around 11am . I would be fine . .

WRONG ! ! 3 hours to go 4 miles.... what a disgrace ! That will teach me ... I can only imagine how bad it will be now?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet