cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tent Camping Guaymas

Clausont
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling through Mexico in the later part of June and tent camping along the way. Church's Guide shows several rv parks in Guaymas, but the information that I find is three years old and I don't find updates.
Does anybody know if there are still any RV parks where tent camping is available in Guaymas? and also in the los Mochis area or close to that area?
Thanks - I appreciate any information here.
6 REPLIES 6

Clausont
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Hope you bring/brought a big fan.

Lol! Yes - I think we will need it 🙂

Thanks

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you bring/brought a big fan.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Hotel Playa de Cortes in Guaymas or Totanaka RV park in San Carlos. Both are in Church's book. I would stay in a campground, not on the beach!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Clausont
Explorer
Explorer
Change of Plans: We decided to buy a tent trailer so we will be traveling in a Jayco tent trailer pulled by our Chevy van. So far, so good although the van has not liked the 7,000' climbs with the trailer we have had so far in this heat....
Any different thoughts on where to stay in a tent trailer rather than a tent?

Thanks,

Tim

Clausont
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks islandvagabonds !
I really appreciate the information 🙂 We will look up Mr. Morros RV Park and see if we can stay there.
Thanks again!

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
In the Guaymas area go over to the adjacent town of San Carlos. There are some beach areas you could tent on or go to the Totanaka rv park. They have a few areas for tents and good washrooms with laundry. Don't miss the Soggy Peso Bar and Grill.

In the Los Mochis area I would not stay at the Copper Canyon RV park in a tent. Noisy and too many people around. About 30 miles south on the beach is the Mr. Morros RV Park. Beautiful area and if they are not open stay on the beach just north of the park.

We travel this area in our Class A coach.

Good travels and enjoy the people.

Bob