cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling internationaly

TCI
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. We have been on the road for over 7 years now and want to start traveling internationally for a couple years. Maybe Central and South America, Caribbean, Europe, South Pacific, etc. Does anyone know of any forums similar to rv.net but for international travelers? Same kind of stuff. Things to see, places to stay, best ways to get around, change of domicile, taxes, health care, etc. This forum is so helpful to us and we appreciate everyones suggestions. Thanks all!!!
2015 31ft Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel w/3 slides
2015 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 Short Bed Diesel Crew Cab
1 Cat
Fulltiming since Oct 06 - Sold the Stick House
6 REPLIES 6

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
...I have to 2nd the Expedition Portal (especially for those wanting to overland with a motor connected to 2, 4 or more wheels): I suggest the Forum section To discuss planned expeditions and overland adventures throughout the globe here-->

....that section is divided into 6 continents

Sounds exciting!
S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
HUBB forum - not only for bikers.

Panamericana forum - Mostly in German but Google translate takes care of it.

Silkroute forum - not always very active but useful

Expedition Portal - also covers worlwide.

Then there are heaps of country specific forums - which I find very useful.

AussieMotorHomers forum

Wildcampingforum based in UK but covering all of europe

etc etc
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
NON RV INFO:

I use Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forum sites.

Also, there a Yahoo groups in many countries. Just depends on where you are headed. I am of member several in Costa Rica, Panama and Belize ( non Yahoo forum in Belize ).

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I can't help you. But, your question made me smile
A few years ago our grandson wanted us to drive our Southwind to Africa. 🙂

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
kca87 wrote:
I assume you mean RVing internationally. The Church's have books on all of the places they have gone. The one you might want to pick up is their book on European travel.

There is also a book called "RVing the World" that I just found on Amazing by using search criteria of that same name. The paperback version is $10.76 and the Kindle version is 3.86. It looks like a good start. Here is the link.

For health care, when we started traveling we went to cruiser's forums (you know people that sail around the world) to see what was offered there and used one of their brokers. I cannot recall the website for the one we used as it was several years ago. But if you go to your local marina or yacht club, these people will have a lot of information that is directly applicable to RVing internationally.

It sounds exciting! Good luck!

Thanks for the Amazon link - lots of good starting point information in your post.
Another resource is gringos.com - it is a forum for Expats the world over.
While it's not an RV site, the folks living in their respective countries have been helpful when a post is made.

Also, found this one today:
Dealing with corrupt police
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

kca87
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean RVing internationally. The Church's have books on all of the places they have gone. The one you might want to pick up is their book on European travel.

There is also a book called "RVing the World" that I just found on Amazing by using search criteria of that same name. The paperback version is $10.76 and the Kindle version is 3.86. It looks like a good start. Here is the link.

For health care, when we started traveling we went to cruiser's forums (you know people that sail around the world) to see what was offered there and used one of their brokers. I cannot recall the website for the one we used as it was several years ago. But if you go to your local marina or yacht club, these people will have a lot of information that is directly applicable to RVing internationally.

It sounds exciting! Good luck!