cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Hesperia, CA from San Bernadino

GypsynurseFL
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a travel nurse with a 36 foot 5th wheel toy hauler. I have a dodge 3500 pulling it (2007). Not many RV parks in San Bernadino but I did find one in Hesperia, CA. Has anyone traveled with their rig on I-15 through San Bernadino mountains? If so how was the trip on your rig? I've used the truck to pull my rig from Alamogordo, NM to Flagstaff, AZ with minimal difficulty I just don't want to get stuck in California. Thank you for any info.
6 REPLIES 6

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be fine but stay 2-3 lanes from the right. You will come up on big trucks going very slow and it's a long haul to the top so don't want to be constantly changing lanes.

I would try to be there before 5AM or after 7PM.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a similar combo going up/down that hill on I15 about every 5 minutes 24/7.
Slow traffic is the big headache so check google maps for a traffic report.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Rancho Jurupa Park is in Riverside. It is a county park not sure how long you can stay there but worth your time to call them
Riverside County Parks
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I-15(Interstate), 6 percent grade for a few miles but very doable. Like stated above, the traffic can make the drive, especially on weekends, an absolute b---h. the bear II has a great suggestion. Get a map or some app where you can measure the distance in San Bernardino to Hesperia and draw a circle, anything in that circle will be the same or less driving and I can almost guarantee a much short drive time.

But, if Hesperia it is, then just prepare yourself for a long drive at times.

Good luck. And by the way, welcome to the Forums, we're not as bad as we seem sometimes and you can get some great info here.

Lytel Creek is closer than Hesperia, maybe crowded on weekends.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
The distance between San Bernardino and Hesperia along with the volume of traffic can make for a miserable commute to and from work. I would look for an RV park in the Redlands, Yucaipa, Banning and Beaumont area. The commute will be less taxing.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
It's a long pull to the top but certainly doable for us.

We stayed in Hesperia at Desert Willow RV Park which was very nice for an overnight.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel