cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travelling from Western Canada to Niagara

djbroughton
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving next week, driving the motorhome and toad from Calgary, Alberta to Winnipeg (must stop there). Then we want to drive to Niagara Falls, Ontario for a family function prior to going south for the winter. I am looking for advice on a route to follow from Winnipeg to Niagara. I have driven the Canadian route years ago and it is not much further than travelling through the States. I am not worried about overnight locations, we pretty much boondock when on the move.
Dave- Calgary, Alberta
06 Monaco Camelot 40 pdq
2 REPLIES 2

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on how quick you want to travel, head south to US I90 east, south around Chicago land, cross back into Canada at Sarnia and east to Niagra Falls area.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty late in the year to count on good weather. I would take U.S 2 to the Soo, from there you have a couple of choices. Cross back into Canada but then you would be dealing with traffic in the greater Toronto area. The other would be south in Michigan then cross at Sarnia. Take 401 to London then drop down to highway 3 to get away from the madness. It is a nice drive through some quaint towns.