cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

U.S. 64 in New Mexico

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
I was on U.S. 64 about 25 miles west of Dulce 2.5 months ago and the road was absolutely horrible for a 10 mile stretch. So bad I dont want to go that way again if it is STILL that way!! Has anyone been on that stretch lately that can say how it is now??...tia
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze
5 REPLIES 5

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drove that same stretch in September 2014, and lost 3 tooth fillings! Never again!
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
East-west routes across the southern Rockies are kind of few.

In northern NM, you can do Hwy 64 (which we do) or I40 (Route 66, post 1937) or, somewhat further south, Hwy 60. In southern CO, there's Hwy 160 or Hwy 50 or, somewhat further north, I70.

Hwy 64 gets kind of beat up in the area you're talking about because of the heavy use by oil field rigs.

Lynn

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
A call to NMDOT might be helpful?
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
R. Walter wrote:
I've not been on that stretch since last winter. I don't remember it then being bad. Was it road construction or just whatever?

I drove it last October and it was OK...this May it was terrible from winter damage maybe...not road construction. I had to go 10-15 mph and thought my cabinets would come off the walls!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
I've not been on that stretch since last winter. I don't remember it then being bad. Was it road construction or just whatever?
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'