cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UPDATE Theft insurance info--first hand attn Canadians!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
This is the email we received from Qualitas insurance after the visit by the adjuster (who was very helpful). But. . . . .

"This is the documents that you need deliver in case of total theft if the vehicle wont found in 15 days.

โ€ข Original title of the vehicle (properly endorsed)
โ€ข Original denounce of ministerio publico (where you acredit be the owner of the vehicle)
โ€ข Original certified copy from ministerio publico
โ€ข Courtesy stolen report by the state highway patrol where de vehicle es register (original)
โ€ข Copy of a recent registration of the vehicle
โ€ข Copy of the temporary permit
โ€ข All the keys of the vehicle
โ€ข Copy of you US insurance

As soon as you have all the documents, you can do the process in any office of qualitaยดs insurance in mexico.

Have a nice day"

I have contacted our local RCMP detachment who thought that the requirement for a report from them was a bit strange! I forwarded a copy of the email to them, we'll see what happens.

Note the requirement for original documents that were in the Jeep, and I have no idea what I can do about an original title! :h
79 REPLIES 79

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Good point however, i do have the transfer papers for my vehicle. I think I will scan and put them on my server so I cna access them.

It seems to me that one should not use a flashy new looking jeep as a tow vehicle. Buy something old & beat up.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
We don't use Titles in Canada! We only require the Provincial Registration to prove ownership!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
A certified copy of the title will work.

For others, some of the things may sound strange. Different country different system. For us it works well.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Since the request is being translated by the government office I would think/hope that there is some flexibility in the translation. Perhaps you must turn over all the keys in your possession. A police report from your jurisdiction is based on the idea that to do so you will have to give your home police department a sworn statement. Thus, a false report becomes a crime at your home. Original title again my just mean not a copy, thus a certified title copy would be required. Good luck, but hopefully it is just administrative CYA.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I especially like the one "ALL keys to the vehicle"....duh! the bad guys DROVE it away by GUNPOINT!.....guess you shoulda told them you needed to keep the keys for insurance purposes......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG