cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US 33 from Ravenswood, WV to Columbus, OH

GreenSalsa
Explorer
Explorer
I am driving from Fayetteville NC to Gaylord MI and thinking of taking US 33 from Ravenswood, WV to Columbus, OH and then continuing my trip on US 23 and I-75 to cut off a few miles (about 50).

I am driving a 43 coach with a toad. Any problems with this route or should I stick with my normal I-77 to I -90 (Ohio Turnpike)?

Is it worth the time?

Thanks
GreenSalsa lives in North Carolina, but dreams of life on the road...
6 REPLIES 6

GreenSalsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! I really appreciate it!
GreenSalsa lives in North Carolina, but dreams of life on the road...

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
I often drive from Parkersburg to Columbus for conferences. I go via Rt.50 to US 33. Once I get to Columbus, there are several options such as your planned route around the city, or I can continue on US 33 to downtown - easy for me in a car, but not recommended in an RV.

I live and work just off I77 and prefer going US 33 over I77 to I70 to get to Columbus.

It is a lovely trip on US 33 now that it bypasses Nelsonville. And, I get to stop at the flea markets and oldies diner near Logan.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
I pull our TT up the route you are asking about when we go to MI to visit our daughter. You shouldn't have any problems. There is road construction at the exit at 270/23 at Delaware, OH. There are some uneven pavements and some deep undercuts that can be bone-jarring but go slower than the posted 45 mph and you'll be OK. We also go I-77 to US250(Strausburg)to US30 to US23 to OH15 to I-75 at Findlay which is a nice drive with low traffic.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

T-10_Parabolic
Explorer
Explorer
Been that way a few times and also took 35 out of Charleston WV.Yes by going 33 you will save about 50 to 60 miles but time wise you are better off going 77 to the Ohio turnpike.
2011 King Ranch, 350 DRW. CC, 8' bed, 4X4 6.7 PSD
2011 34RLTS Jayco Pinnacle

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Been that way a long time ago and it was fine. Worst part was going thru/around Columbus and its traffic.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
That route should be no problem. It's mostly 4 lane divided highway. There are a few stretches of two lane, but they are fine. I drive that route a couple times a year, sometimes dragging a TT, and it's my preferred route. Hardest part is right there at Ravenswood. Go for it.