cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US 65 in Arkansas

Zany
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have knowledge about US 65 in southern Arkansas? I am looking specifically for insight about 65 from Pine Bluff, south to Fairview, near Lake Chicot SP. I will be driving a 40' coach with a toad. This stretch shows as "scenic" on my atlas. I find that too often that can mean hilly, curvy, narrow and sometimes rough so I am seeking recent experiences
'04 Safari Zanzibar, 40', 3 slides, 400 Cummins ISL
Honda Odyssey toad, 2-15 yr old Balinese cats
first coach
5 REPLIES 5

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Zany wrote:
hilly

The biggest hill in that part of Arkansas is a levee.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cotton and rice fields can be scenic. We have a section of National Scenic Highways west of town here that is just grasslands, with minimal farming. But maybe they'll be more scenic when the wind farms get built.

US-65 out of Pine Bluff is flat and mostly straight. I used the route frequently when my daughter was in Biloxi the first two year afters my wife died and I needed to visit family. What you might have to deal with in Delta Country will be periods of high winds, cross winds because they are often from the west, and agricultural equipment moving slowly on the highway. Some of the equipment used in mechanized cotton farming is particularly width, can take up a lane and a wide shoulder.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rnelson
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Lake Chicot State Park last month. No problems. As stated earlier, very flat and not too scenic unless you like farmland.

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
ozarkkayaker wrote:
No hills, flat and mostly 4 lanes. Nothing but corn and cotton fields.

What he said, there is nothing "scenic" about it. I have been thru there several times with my rig.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

ozarkkayaker
Explorer
Explorer
No hills, flat and mostly 4 lanes. Nothing but corn and cotton fields.