cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alabama

tjschaefer
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for rv park in Alabama for January, February or March. Stay for month or so. We like to kayak and bicycle. Does not need to be by ocean. Any info appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Gulf Shore state park rents sites by the month in the winter. They have miles of bike paths and a lake for your kayak.

I'd highly recommend this park. In winter it's full of northerners staying the whole season. However, be advised that the lake has alligators. ๐Ÿ™‚ There are other waterways in the areas though.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We live on NE Alabama, temps in January, February and March will range from the 20's to 90's. I do kayak but wear a wet suit this time of the year, water temps usually in the 50's. Wind Creek SP is beautiful with off season rates. It's half way between Birmingham and Auburn so there is plenty to do within an hours drive.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale, AL. One of the cheaper places to camp in Southern AL, especially if you are an Escapees RV CLub Member (membership is only $39/yr) See: https://escapees.com/support/parking/rainbow-parks/summerdale-Alabama

Lots to see and do in the area and the Plantation has planned activities as well as meals available on Tuesday & Thursday evenings & Saturday breakfast for very reasonable prices.

The Fish River is one mile away and you can put your kayak in there.
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve

You may find it a bit chilly for kayaking in January.
Larry

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf Shore state park rents sites by the month in the winter. They have miles of bike paths and a lake for your kayak.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
For the interests, it'd have to be middle to south for kayaking to be safe unless fitted with a wet or dry suit.

We liked Mobile, AL a lot. I'd go back there and explore around. If you stay at Meaher State Park, you'd be able to kayak straight from the campground. But I don't know how long of stays they allow.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
North, Middle or South
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but have you checked the weather in Alabama for the months of interest?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Point Mallard in Decatur
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore