cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

another fort wilderness question

didi
Explorer
Explorer
for those of you that stayed in the 1600 loop. do you get the smell of the horeses in that area.

2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'
See More. Do More. Live More.
10 REPLIES 10

susie_creamchee
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing smells ate Fort Wilderness. Its a magical place. There is no dirt, no dust,no one cries, employees are perfect. We have been there many many times with our kids and now grandkid. Its our favorite campground, but, bring your wallet!! We bring easy prep food and lots of it because eating at Disney is very pricey. Actually, the restaurant at FW is one of the cheapest hotel eateries on the Disney property(and delish). We also eat at the Mc Donalds on Lake Buena vista Dr, and off property. I know, you just wanted to know about the smell of horses, but I had to put a few cents in. BTW, don't forget the pony rides. My granddaughters favorite pony is Chip!! Have a blast!

susie_creamchee
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing smells ate Fort Wilderness. Its a magical place. There is no dirt, no dust,no one cries, employees are perfect. We have been there many many times with our kids and now grandkid. Its our favorite campground, but, bring your wallet!! We bring easy prep food and lots of it because eating at Disney is very pricey. Actually, the restaurant at FW is one of the cheapest hotel eateries on the Disney property(and delish). We also eat at the Mc Donalds on Lake Buena vista Dr, and off property. I know, you just wanted to know about the smell of horses, but I had to put a few cents in. BTW, don't forget the pony rides. My granddaughters favorite pony is Chip!! Have a blast!

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
MontanaCamper wrote:
One camp ground I would love to go to... take 2 weeks off, 4 days to get there, 4-5 days there then 4 more to get back...in a different route of course!!

Take more days off. Especially your first time, you won't want to leave.

It will be our 3rd time going...you are correct...hated to leave...first time there we had 6 days, just past November we had 10 days. We went through the campground on the way to another park, and then took the boat over to Magic Kingdom..All the RV'ers there asked what site we had and what rig we had. They seemed bummed that we didn't bring our rig down from Montana. They weren't the only ones!!!
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

CCIntrigue
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed in 1900. Closer to the horses than 1600. No smell.

For great info on Fort Wilderness, please visit Fort Fiends.
Country Coach Intrigue
Miata and golf cart trailered on Featherlite
1 handsome husband
Kassie, our Miniature Schnauzer copilot

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
MontanaCamper wrote:
One camp ground I would love to go to... take 2 weeks off, 4 days to get there, 4-5 days there then 4 more to get back...in a different route of course!!

Take more days off. Especially your first time, you won't want to leave.

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
1900 is closer than 1600 and no smell there either. Been in all of them.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Only place I've ever smelled the horses was right where the trail crosses the road as you enter the campground.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

shotputguy
Explorer
Explorer
NO. Haave stayed in 1600 many times and NO smell
:?Don't know how to do signature

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
www.fortfiends.com place to ask that one maybe