cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another negative recommendation of an RV Park

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the first time I have ever left a negative comment about a park, but I felt I had to about this park. I am refering to Ramblin Pines in Woodbine, Md. This is our second week long stay at this park. The park itself is basically OK, although pricey in my opinion for what it is. They do not offer discounts for weekly stays either. I had my daughter, 2 year old granddaughter and sister-in-law and brother-in-law visit from 3 PM to 7 PM yesterday. The park charged them $5 PER PERSON for a 4 hour visit. When I complained about it there response is that is the policy. (The policy states $5 for visitors. It DOES NOT specify $5 EACH). I then stated I was a bi-annual weekly camper and would not be back. Their response "Oh well!"

I cannot recommend this park. On my next visit I will be looking elsewhere. When I said I was going to post my negative comments to the various forums I am a member of their response was again "Oh well!"

The guest service demonstrated by the staff at this park and by the rules of this park was sorely lacking. I worked in guest services for several years and indeed taught our companies guest service program to ALL employees. This was an example of the exact opposite of what we taught and is an example of very poor guest service.
GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

47 REPLIES 47

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Five dollars a visitor sounds fair enough.
Explaining that to an unhappy payer takes some skill.
Bad timing to dictate policy.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously? Did you really expect it was $5 for an unspecified number of visitors? Truly you've been around the block enough to understand how these things work. Are you knocking their guest services because of the difference in interpretation of the rules and you lost, their seeming lack of interest in your threat to go elsewhere, or were there other breaches of rules by others that weren't enforced? You complain about the price and their lack of a discount for a week-long stay yet you still went but somehow it's their fault that you feel you overspent? Sorry, but sounds like a serious overreaction. Did you politely suggest they change the wording on the sign to make it clear it's $5 per guest? Honey goes a lot further than vinegar and it sounds like you were a bit sour with them.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you didn't pay attention to my review at rvparkreviews.com about this park.

I won't be back, either.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers