Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Area around PPL in Houston

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Wife and I are making a trip to PPL in Houston to look at motorhomes. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Houston Southwest Sugarland which was recommended by PPL and is supposed to be close by. Looking for decent restaurants nearby for all meals and any other informational area tid bits that may make our 2 day visit more safe and enjoyable. Thanks
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
9 REPLIES 9

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
cameronpatentlaw wrote:
Pappasitos. Some of the best TexMex in Houston. It is near Pappadeuax--run by same family.

Thanks! I thought that since I'll be in Texas I should at least get a steak dinner and some Mexican or Tex-Mex.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Not to get off topic from the OP's question. BUT, we bought our current Fleetwood Bounder 38N DP through PPL in November. we had kept our Southwind to sell ourselves. But after trying to sell it ourselves, we were so satisfied with how PPL had done us on the Bounder, we took the Southwind to them to sell for us. They sold it the first weekend it was there.

Yes, they are a consignment lot, so "buyer beware".
We happened to be there while it was pouring down rain. What I found most "interesting" was the fact that some of the HIGEST end coaches had the most roof leaks.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with PPL. Highly recommend them.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our motorhome through PPL within a month and were extremely satisfied with the transaction. While there we were very impressed with the amount of traffic coming through - lookers, buyers, sellers and those picking up their RV. Everyone we dealt with were top-notch - no pressure.

Here's what they have on the lot now. It changes daily. There's a section on this site for diesels and gas. Check them out.

Just like any used vehicle lot or for sale by owner you'll find owners who don't care about their RV and it shows. You'll find other RVs in excellent condition.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel/diesel-motorhomes.php
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

wthibeaux
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't find a good place to eat in Houston, you're not hungry!!!!
Warren & Peggy
Four cats "Albert, Noble, Peaches, Lil Bit" all neutered.

2010 Chev Suburban 5.3L 3.42-2005 Chev 1500 Crew Cab 5.3L 3.73
95 Mobile Scout 25FS travel trailer
5 grandchildren

cameronpatentla
Explorer
Explorer
Pappasitos. Some of the best TexMex in Houston. It is near Pappadeuax--run by same family.

steadypraying42
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on making my next purchase from ppl so kf you could be so kind as to please come back and let us know your opinions of the dealer that would be awesome. Thanks!!
Active Duty Army (Fulltiming)
1 YR Old English Mastiff
2 YR Old German Shepherd
2015 Ram 3500 SRW
Aisin Transmission, factory air ride suspension
2015 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS (SOLD)
2016 Voltage Triton 3451 TH

"IN TRUTH LIES VICTORY"

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
The immediate area around PPL is primarily commercial. Several car dealerships and no restaurants to speak of. Within a few miles east there is a mall and everything you could want. Traveling north a mile or so from PPL gets you into a sketchy area.
Are you looking for a higher end motorhome or something in the low to middle? If it is high end, you are probably going to be disappointed. The last time I was there (long bad story), the place was jammed packed with older rigs and had maybe three top of the line rigs, one of which was painted a hideous purple and orange. Personally, it wasn't worth the hype and overall a big disappointment from both sides of the table (their ability to market and sell my rig, and their ability to display inventory and help a buyer were both very poor). But that was three years ago and hopefully things will have changed. Let us know.

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure a trip to Papadeauxs, great food. Off of 59 in Stafford. That area as Parkmana said is full of everything. Good luck on your purchase.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA

parkmanaa
Explorer
Explorer
You will be traveling up and down US59. From PPL to Sugarand you will see just about every restaurant you can imagine. Not knowing your taste preferences it's difficult to recommend a restaurant. My suggestion would key into Google "restaurants in Sugarland, Tx". It should provide a good selection.

You can do the same thing for attractions, but if you haven't been there, the Johnson Space Center is not too far away.

I think you have chosen one of the best dealers in the USA for RVs, whether you buy directly from PPL, or from their vast consignment lot.
Good luck