cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AVOID-Coeur d'Alene RV Resort, Idaho- I90, Exit 7

gandl2
Explorer
Explorer
Checked into RV Resort(?) today. With GS discount charged over $46 for a back-in 30 amp site. Was told at check-in that prices had gone up from the listed Good Sam Guide. A Couple hours later noticed a lower price posted on the office door. Told that there is a $3 per dog per night charge which they have had for 14 years- never told this at check-in and GS guide does not list this either. We were told they charge this to pay people to clean up. The spaces are narrow- not more than a foot wider than motorhome. The grass where we walk our dogs is 6 inches high. When asked told that the grass grows fast this time of year. WiFi is unusable. The network access name does not always appear as available and then if it does the connection to the internet is slow and unreliable. Cannot imagine how this campground is rated as high as it is. We will not return. At the prices they charge for a small 30 amp site without a reliable wifi system, this is certainly NOT a RV resort.
22 REPLIES 22

gandl2
Explorer
Explorer
As the original poster- the main point I was trying to make was that we were lied to when checking in. We were told when checking in that their prices had just recently increased from those listed in the guide. In reality it was because of the $3 per dog per day fee which is not posted anywhere or listed in the GS guide. Since we have 2 dogs in our minds that is a significant increase. To make matters worse the site was small, just a foot wider when slides extended and only 30 amps. RV's beware!!!

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
The simple answer to most anything in life - my wife and I use it all the time - one word

P E O P L E !!!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know how much of the original post is exaggerated because he is not happy with fees. He stated the sites were only a foot wider than his MH. He would have no room for a slide, awning or even room to open a door.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
aerbus32 wrote:
C'mon guys. You may do what you should & pick up after your dogs, but far too many don't. I love dogs, but do not travel with them. I am, however, developing a dislike for dog owners. I would rather the park charge all dog owners because a few violate common decency than to have all of us charged more whether we have pets or not. But I would prefer even that to having to clean-up after someone else's dog. At this point I do not even put out a cute little lighthouse we have because people were letting their dogs urinate on it.

I can't speak for others, but we not only pick up after our dogs, including when we are out boon docking, but we mind them. I'm not here to convince you to like dogs, but state I don't have to abide by a place that charges $3 a dog, per night, to encourage owners to pick up after them. Three dollars, or not, an owner that picks up after their dog will do so without being paid and an owner that doesn't will not no matter what they are charged. The fee is not incentive to do so.
You can't give people a good reason for any fee, because they will just tell you they don't do whatever that fee is for. With pet fees, you can't tell them it's because dogs create more work, because they will instantly tell they always clean up after their dogs and shouldn't have to pay a fee because some other people don't. Funny thing is, there is always pet waste that hasn't been cleaned up. Must be from the mystery dogs that drive in and don't have owners. Have a fee for extra vehicles, additional people, wifi, whatever, people will have a reason it shouldn't apply to them. I have found the best way to explain a fee is to merely state that is our policy, no further explanation given or needed.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
aerbus32 wrote:
C'mon guys. You may do what you should & pick up after your dogs, but far too many don't. I love dogs, but do not travel with them. I am, however, developing a dislike for dog owners. I would rather the park charge all dog owners because a few violate common decency than to have all of us charged more whether we have pets or not. But I would prefer even that to having to clean-up after someone else's dog. At this point I do not even put out a cute little lighthouse we have because people were letting their dogs urinate on it.

I can't speak for others, but we not only pick up after our dogs, including when we are out boon docking, but we mind them. I'm not here to convince you to like dogs, but state I don't have to abide by a place that charges $3 a dog, per night, to encourage owners to pick up after them. Three dollars, or not, an owner that picks up after their dog will do so without being paid and an owner that doesn't will not no matter what they are charged. The fee is not incentive to do so.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

aerbus32
Explorer
Explorer

sizzy
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if they have the prices jacked up because there is a huge Ironman triathlon in Coeur d'alene this Sunday?
Kathy with Sparkles and Ellie (the camping dogs):C ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
2002 Pleasureway Traverse

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Under rates, it doesn't mention dog rates.

http://www.cdarvpark.com/

But it does say "Pet Restrictions" on the rates page http://www.cdarvpark.com/rates.html
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:

Pay the $3 for your dog AND pick-up after it. Deal with it, it's your choice, and it makes it better for the rest of us. I've had the opportunity to track dog goo inside the MH too many times.

You probably shouldn't rely only on the GS guide? It only means that they have paid their fees for a somewhat biased and positive rating?

1. You're right - that's why I don't go to parks that charge an extra fee per dog. There are so many other places to stay that don't do this.
2. Not necessarily on the GS being biased. I've seen low ratings there.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
There are better options in CdA. Blackwell Island is my choice.

Pay the $3 for your dog AND pick-up after it. Deal with it, it's your choice, and it makes it better for the rest of us. I've had the opportunity to track dog goo inside the MH too many times.

You probably shouldn't rely only on the GS guide? It only means that they have paid their fees for a somewhat biased and positive rating?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Oh come on. It is what it is. Otherwise roll on down the road.
Wifi is spotty in most parks. Is $3 that big a deal?
Did you opt for the lowest priced section?
Looks fairly typical to me.

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
CDA RV Resort is not in Coeur d'Alene. It is in the town of Post Falls, about 10 miles west of CDA.

CDA RV Park in RV Park Reviews.
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If the OP just posted it on RV Park Reviews it probably hasn't been posted yet. However, I find it odd that no one has made a review on that park. It looks like a new one. Under rates, it doesn't mention dog rates.

http://www.cdarvpark.com/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We have had dogs for all the 17 years (plus many more years) that we have RV'd. Always pick up after the dog. But, at $3 / night, we would leave it. Had a place once with a big sign that if you were caught not picking up after your dog, you were subject to immediate eviction! I also don't even see this place on RVParkReviews.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times