cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda April 4th-10th (ish)

tammytomandgirl
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has a site they are thinking they may not use please keep us in mind - we are trying to book for that week to visit family ๐Ÿ™‚
Tammy & Tom ๐Ÿ™‚ our two girls Tyler (12) and Paige (6)
1997 3/4 ton Suburban 454
2006 Coachman Chaparral 280BHS
8 REPLIES 8

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the main purpose is to visit family, why not stay at Knights Key... pretty sure they can get you a spot there.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

tammytomandgirl
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll keep looking and cross my fingers and toes that someone changes their mind.
Tammy & Tom ๐Ÿ™‚ our two girls Tyler (12) and Paige (6)
1997 3/4 ton Suburban 454
2006 Coachman Chaparral 280BHS

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Don't give up hope. We have stayed at Bahia Honda, John Pennycamp, Curry Hammock and Long Key over the years. Many of those times I was only able to get reservations by checking and checking 5 or 6 times a day until I found a cancelation. And this was for the summertime. In October we were able to get a site at Long Key for the first time. We liked it so much we wanted to go back this February. Of course it was booked solid. I would see one or two night cancellations December or January. Nothing for February. Then one night about three weeks ago I went on to check for one last time for the day at about 10:00 pm. Was I ever shocked to see 14 nights in a row available. I immediately booked the first 7 nights. The next day the last 7 were long gone also. We love staying at Anastasia SP on our way to the Keys. Again nothing that was suitable for us. Either very short site even though we are only 21ft or tents sites only. And then OMG!!! I went on to check and there was a cancelation for a site that we would fit into. Booked it immediately for 4 nights. And the most amazing thing was we had one night we need to book between Anastasia and Long Key. I just couldn't believe it when I went on John Pennycamp one night and there 2 nights available one being the one night we needed!!!!!! I am retired (as of June 2014) so I do have a lot of time to check over and over. But I have been able to get sites in the Keys SP by just diligently checking. I had read about doing this here on the forum a few years back and it was a great suggestion that has worked well for me. Good luck in your search. The state parks in Florida are our favorite places to stay there.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Check a couple times a day. We found a site at TY park near Ft Lauderdale for the last week of Feb in early Dec. It came open between checking at 7 am and 1 pm when I booked it.

Funny you mention that...we are going down in July. There were no spaces for Bahia Honda and went with Curry Hammock. After reading this last night, I went bakc on and there was one 2 spot for 2 nights in conjunction with ouir Curry Hammock stay. I jumped on it...hehe
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
Easter week...that's a tough one.

Yup
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Easter week...that's a tough one.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Check a couple times a day. We found a site at TY park near Ft Lauderdale for the last week of Feb in early Dec. It came open between checking at 7 am and 1 pm when I booked it.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck....lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L