cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beach Front Camping

danskool
Explorer
Explorer
Any place similiar to Apache (Myrtle Beach) more north like in virginia or North Carolina? We like the beach camping but Myrtle beach is big drive. We are looking for someplace more north. Any Idea's or experiences?
Dan

2021 5th Wheel Crusader 29RS
2001 F250 XLT 7.3 PSD
10 REPLIES 10

dano73
Explorer
Explorer
Oh and one more thing. We hadn't been back to Chincoteague island in 25 years, but stopped on the way back for an overniter. All the campgrounds are in town 50 bucks, and the only beach access is the national seashore, 4 bucks per person, and it reminded me of jones beach, plenty of people, plenty of lines, plenty of fish and wildlife enforcement officers eyeballing you. We are beach people, we wont be back, OBX, free,free,free, and they make you feel welcome!!!

danskool
Explorer
Explorer
All good stuff. That will keep me busy for a while investegating. I will look it all up.. Thanks a million for the input.
Dan

2021 5th Wheel Crusader 29RS
2001 F250 XLT 7.3 PSD

dano73
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on ocean waves. Just got back from outer banks yesterday, I would personally stay away from camp hatteras and koa, very pricey, but if you have kids and want all the amenities, well. Personally we don't travel with kids anymore, so we try to stay away. The national seashore at Oregon inlet is real nice no hookups 20 bucks a nite, and beach access all over the outerbanks is FREE!!! Ocracoke also but busy now!!

BTW don't come to Long Island, between the tolls and the traffic its not worth it

Skylark
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Ocean Waves Campground in Waves, NC, next door to Camp Hatteras, but about half the price and very nice owners.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Camp Hatteras in Salvo, NC at mile marker 40 on the Outer Banks. Next door is a KOA. Just spent the long weekend there and the weather was perfect.

Here in MD, we have the State and National parks on Assateague Island just outside of Ocean City, MD. The State park has some electric hookups, you boondock in the National Park. There is a dune between you and the ocean but you can cross at several points.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Smiths Pt. Shirley, L.I. N.Y. If you can handle the traffic, LOL P.S. they have real waves.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
danskool wrote:
Any place similiar to Apache (Myrtle Beach) more north like in virginia or North Carolina? We like the beach camping but Myrtle beach is big drive. We are looking for someplace more north. Any Idea's or experiences?

Could look at Holiday Travel Park on Emeriald Isle. Nothing like Myrtle, and really pricey. But on the beach.

And there is a small Ocean Front CG on Top Sail Island. It too is nothing like Myrtle, and BTW. That's a GOOD thing. Surf City Family CG.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

8_Miles_A_Gallo
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed on the Virgina/Maryland penisula on the Chesapeake Bay. If crabbing is your thing this is probably the place to go. My kids didn't enjoy the bay as much as they do the ocean but other than that this was fun vacation for us.

www.cherrystoneva.com will take you to their site.
Bob, Bev, Collin and Calista
2005 Crossroads Cruiser 30BH
2002 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually
8.1 liter gasser

8_Miles_A_Gallo
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Hatteras on the Outer Banks. We were there a few years back and for the most part enjoyed it. The campground was great the weather wasn't.

www.camphatteras.com will take you to their website.
Bob, Bev, Collin and Calista
2005 Crossroads Cruiser 30BH
2002 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually
8.1 liter gasser

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
What about Assateague National Seashore?

I've never been there but hope to visit some day as I hear it's beautiful. No hookups, though...and first come first serve, too.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien