cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best parks in Louisiana

Louisa
Explorer
Explorer
Our son is being transferred to Louisiana. Though our health is very iffy, when I have to go to Houston for treatment (from here in California), I'm thinking of inching our way out in our beautiful RV and, God willing, maybe visiting our son in La. I wonder if those of you who've been and have the time could give us some pointers on:

1. the nicest routes from here (So Cal) to there
2. any good (clean, safe, pretty) spots to stay in Texas or Louisiana.

Thank you so much
7 REPLIES 7

Louisa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so very, very much!

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
Close to New Orleans is Bayou Segnettte State Park which gets nice reviews and Ponchartrain Landing which is ok. Best thing to do is get the Allstays App. which would enable you to plan or find sites all the way from Ca.

My recommendation would be to stay on the same side of the Mississippi River where you will be visiting your son.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

Louisa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much. He's going to be in New Orleans, and we have a Newmar Mountain Aire.

Thank you again.

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
I like Coushatta @ Kinder, LA. Clean, nicely laid out, good food, and you don't have to gamble.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to take a long shot and say that if you do get to LA, you just got to visit the Cajun country. While there I suggest that you stay at Betty's RV Park.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some great paces in Louisiana but without a location it is kind of hard to recommend.
Also what kind of rig have you got? Makes a difference
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
What part of louisiana i can recomend pm me i can give a few