cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boysen State Park & Sinks Canyon, Wyoming Questions

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anybody camp at either of these two parks? Will be traveling through the area in late June/early July in our F150 pulling our 25' TT. Both camping areas seem to get good reviews. Will have our generator with us so boondocking near either area is doable as well. Want to do some hiking and sightseeing in both places.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
3 REPLIES 3

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I spent one night last September Boysen SP in the lower CG. Seemed a little pricey for non-residents at $7 more. I don't recall mosquitos but the biting flies were bad until it cooled off and the place a bit buggy. They had a few spigots and decent grassy areas. I explored around the dam upstream. There's a railroad on the other side of the river with a few trains but no horns blaring. The year before I passed through the area and stayed on the western side of Boysen at Lake Cameahwait. It was free boondocking. There are several spots on the south side of the lake with pit toilets and you can fit 2-3 campers in a spot. there were nice shelters but what looked like a hoard of barn swallows and just made a mess of them. It was a little buggy until dark. There is a paved road almost all the way there but watch for large potholes.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped in Sinks Canyon twice in our 24ft Class C. Check with Google Earth and you will see that there are three campgrounds within a mile or so along the river. We stayed at the Popo Agie Campground, which is the first one you come to. Not a lot of sites large enough or level enough but we got lucky both times. We didn't check out the other two campgrounds. Google earth also shows boondocking sites further in near and beyond Frye lake.

There are some hikes from the campground and the Sinks and Rise are interesting to see. For something different you could make a 1/2 day trip to South Pass City a couple of miles off route 28. They have tours and some hikes.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at the Sinks CG several times. Always enjoyed the stay. With your rig you shouldn't have a problem, if sites are available.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS