cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campground between Bryce and Zion

rstoro
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for a campground between Zion and Bryce. We are in a 36 foot motor home and towing.
Thanks
R & S
9 REPLIES 9

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Dave is right -- don't try to do Zion and Bryce from a single location. You will spend a lot of time driving. And both parks are at their best at sunrise and sundown, which would make it really tough if you have to do a long "commute."

Also agree. Unless you're one to just drive through the main road one time and say you've 'saw' it, try to stay at each one for at least 3 days and really 'explore' it.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave is right -- don't try to do Zion and Bryce from a single location. You will spend a lot of time driving. And both parks are at their best at sunrise and sundown, which would make it really tough if you have to do a long "commute."
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
Having visited both parks on a few occasions, I recommend staying at each park and not try to find one "central" park. Recommend Watchman and Ruby's.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Willowind in Hurricane UT is very nice, very quiet. Only drawback is no Jacuzzi.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Bauer's twice. If you want in between there you go.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you have a MH, I like Red Canyon USFS CG...no reservations and no hookups.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Put us down for Bauer's in Glendale.

On a different trip to Bryce, we stayed at Bryce Canyon Pines RV Park.

Both remain on our active choices list.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Small Campground

We have stayed here twice both times due to its location. Not much of a campground in that it has no clubhouse, and no other amenities so speak of but it fit our purposes because we wanted to be out seeing the parks all day and only needed somewhere to sleep and shower. It had good power and water pressure with full hook-ups. We did use the pool at the Best Western.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Bauer's Canyon in Glendale nice small park but we did not have cell service (ATT) that was 4 or 5 years ago
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD