cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds & Attractions on Rt 64

Farmer_David
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to be heading east later this summer do you know of nice campgrounds and or attractions, things of interest on Rt 64 between Louisville, Kentucky and Williamsburg, Virginia
2013 F450 King Ranch CC Long Box
60 Gal RDS Tank
20K B&W OEM Hitch
2013 Lifestyle 37IK
6 REPLIES 6

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Skip Elkhorn Creek in Frankfort.

We're at Robert Newlon Airpark and RV park in Huntington right now. Would be interesting on a weekend when the skydivers are jumping and the cafe is open. Right on the Ohio River.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Agree Carter Caves State Park. Also,while south of I-64 Pipestem State park is great.They have everything you would want.

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a good trip. Be sure and stop at Tamarack. It is the rest stop exit at Beckley WV. on I-64. It is a very large mountain craft and artisan exhibition center. Worth the stop. Easy off and on for the interstate too.
FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2024 Grand Design 22MLE
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow

Farmer_David
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying at American Heritage RV Park in Williamsburg. We are attending a rally there.
2013 F450 King Ranch CC Long Box
60 Gal RDS Tank
20K B&W OEM Hitch
2013 Lifestyle 37IK

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
Also Carter Caves State Park near Grayson KY. Nice campground and cave tours.

We went from Lexington KY to Williamsburg VA last summer. We also stopped at the KOA at Charlottesville to see Monticello. That is worth a two night stay. It was a full day trip from Carter Caves to the KOA. Where are you staying in Williamsburg?
2024 Grand Design 22MLE

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
Ky horse park near Lexington, KY. Easy drive into town and right beside the horse park....a good place to see. Also near very scenic drives thru horse farm country.
2024 Grand Design 22MLE