cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds with Boat Launch Service - Eastern US

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for campgrounds that are located on fresh water lakes/rivers that have boat launch services...Not just a ramp but a fee service where they'll put a boat in the water and pull it back out.

I can easily tow the boat (18 foot bass boat) behind my class C , but launching (while sometimes possible depending on the ramp and surrounding room) is not something I like to do with the RV.

I was thinking it would be a good trip to stay in a nice campground and do some fishing with the boat.

Mostly looking for PA, NY, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, TN, KY, NC for shorter trips but would also be interested in other locations for future reference as well.

Do any places like this exist?

Thanks!
21 REPLIES 21

Y-Guy
Before we bought our boat we rented a couple. At one campground I saw a guy with a very nice Class A diesel pusher and a boat. One morning somebody came and hooked up and took his boat down to launch, later that evening same guy retrieved it. But the odd thing was he wasn't with the guy in the motorhome. I ended up talking to him and he showed me his cargo bay rather full of cases of beer. He told me in the past 5 years with that RV he'd never once launched or retrieved his boat. Instead he took the time to fine some young man with a truck that would like to earn a case of beer. Pure genius. I've kept that in mind as I launch our boat with our motorhome, but so far I've had no issues at the places we camp.

Just an idea for you.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
They also make battery powered devices for moving travel trailers around. One of those might do what you want.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing to try, a front hitch and a tongue extension. Then you'll keep the wheels out of the water and see what you are doing.

Try here - - Raystown Lake
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
They can help you at Association Island, Henderson Harbor, NY but only if you want to catch some of the biggest small mouths in the East!
Great KOA get a sun rise or sunset site.
There is a few marinas on Oneida Lake that can help you also, write to me if you want in.
Consider putting a front hitch ball on your C , it works pretty well most of the time, but I have also asked other guys with trucks to launch me, without much trouble. Unloading is easier, as you can move the trailer by hand, if you are close, then hitch it up and pull straight.
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I think you'll find that there aren't a lot of campgrounds with launch ramps, although they do exist. What's even rarer are campgrounds with a ramp and a launch service, much less a free one. You might have better luck finding campgrounds with a marina nearby that offers a launch service. It likely won't be free though.

Yes, I haven't had much luck finding any...there are a few with attached marinas but none that offer a launch service...

Oh, and I'm not looking for free....I meant "fee" ๐Ÿ™‚ I'd be happy to pay for the service...

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you'll find that there aren't a lot of campgrounds with launch ramps, although they do exist. What's even rarer are campgrounds with a ramp and a launch service, much less a free one. You might have better luck finding campgrounds with a marina nearby that offers a launch service. It likely won't be free though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate