cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in lake louise canada

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
We want next year to go camping to lake Louise and or around that area in British Columbia. Could someone give me some names of private campgrounds with full hookups and at the same time if you could give me an opinion about that particular RV park it would be helpfull. We have a 26 foot TT. This camping trip is for next July. We want a place that has sites with some privacy and are well leveled. We also like places that have lots of trees if possible. I am a little concern about crossing the border into Canada . We have never been camping outside the US. Has anyone run into any problems? I guess as long as you have your passport up to date chances are you will not have to worry about it., Any information it would be greatly appreciated
9 REPLIES 9

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't bother going to Lake Louise -- the mountains are covered with this ugly white stuff, and the trees sometimes get in the way:

Obviously, just kidding. True story: when I planned our itinerary, I skipped Louise because I thought it was too touristy. As we were driving from California to Canada, DW starts pawing through the hiking guide books and says, "We are not skipping Lake Louise."

That was the best decision I never made!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rollexx
Explorer
Explorer
There is a campground 4 km from the lake, Lake Louise trailer campground but only has electric, no water. We have always stayed at Tunnel mountain trailer court, which really isn't what I would think of as a "trailer court". It has full hook ups , lots of trees, all pull thru. Close to Banff and very nice.
As far as crossing the border, no problem with passport. Your rig may be X-rayed coming back into the states. If you have pets they may ask for shot records going into Canada. Also keep pet food in its original packaging. Coming back one time, border guard seen our dog, asked if our dog food was in its original package, which it was not, told us that was a no no .

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
As a start, the destination you have indicated is in Alberta!
Go to Alberta Tourism and do some surfing. This will lead you to a number of camping option sites. Also the Chamber of Commerce of each destination is likely to have information useful to you.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks tripalot I will do a lot of researcn on this forum

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Just to help you with your Canadian geography - Lake Louise is in the Province of Alberta. This is a very beautiful area so be sure to plan several days there as there is lots of great hikes and scenery to be enjoyed.

Do a search on this forum and you will find lots of information on Banff/Jasper and Lake Louise, Alberta.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Spring Creek Mountain Village last month. It has full hook ups, wifi, and lovely views. Some of the back in sites are on a crystal clear creek. I highly recommend it.
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks sdaniel I will check up that campground you mention

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
There is only one campground with hookups that I recall. Banff Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court.
There is another called Spring Creek Mountain Village in Canmore. read reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com under Canada-Banff
We stayed at Mount Kidd RV Park in Kananaskis and drove to Banff and Lake Louise. Mount Kidd RV Park has some full hookups and some water-electric. I would make reservations. They were very busy when we were there. Beautiful trees. https://www.mountkiddrv.com/
From their website: Mount Kidd RV Park and Campground caters to all types of units for your Kananaskis camping vacation. Motor homes, trailers, truck campers, tent trailers, and tents can all be used at our location. We feature fully serviced (water, sewer, and electrical hook-ups), semi-serviced, and no hook-up campsites. Each of our 229 campsites is equipped with a picnic table and fire pit. Some sites feature television hook-ups.
Lots of other campgrounds but not with full hookups.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Go to http://www.rvparkreviews.com

I doubt you will find sewer connections. There will be a dump site.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.