cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping near mammoth caves

seeemmiss
Explorer
Explorer
Headed towards Cave City and Louisville next June for a week of fun. I need some campground recommendation for a great campground I noticed several places like Cave Country RV didn't have a pool. Anyone know a good place for kids with a pool?
9 REPLIES 9

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but we stayed there a couple years ago. Very crowded but the staff found us a nice pull-thru. Overlooking the whole park. KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED!!! Only place we have ever been robbed. We always lock our toad doors but the wife went out to get a bag of souvenirs we had bought from our travels for the family. She put them back in the trunk and just forgot to lock the doors. Had my hook up bag in there also. All got stolen that night. Sheriff said they pretty much knew who it was but hard to catch. Apparently drug related. Live and learn. Make sure you make reservations if you go to THE CAVE. Very long lines. We enjoyed the stay otherwise. Hope you do also
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
seeemmiss wrote:
If we stay there, we will probably spend a day or too at Splash Lagoon in Beech Bend. Thanks again.

OMG!! Whatever you do DON'T stay at the CG adjacent to the Splash Lagoon park!! Ask me how I know..........

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't find it any tighter than other places.... we were in a 37'MH with a toad and didn't have any problems.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

seeemmiss
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replays and info. I was concerned about Jellystone because of the reviews stating the campground was tight and not level but that is probably where we will end up at. Cave Country is a possibility but no pool. If we stay there, we will probably spend a day or too at Splash Lagoon in Beech Bend. Thanks again.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the Jellysone, nice place! I really don`t understand why or how a few of the other campgrounds around there failed? it seems campgrounds would do good there? same could be said for some of the little attractions that couldn`t make it either.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Jellystone. Stayed there a few years ago, had a good time.
There's the adventure park across the road. They have horseback riding, zip-lining, etc. That was fun as well.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

4monkeys
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at Jellystone several years back when kids were little. It was the only one we could find with a pool. We stayed in cabins because my parents were with us and they don't camp. But we did notice some noisy large groups of what looked like 18-22 yr olds that were partying it up. My husband and I both stated we were glad we weren't in a tent on that trip.
If we go back we'll stay at the park's campground even without them having a pool. But I will add that we are partial to the park campground and generally not as fond of the private campgrounds.

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
If you have kids then its got to be Jellystone. Were going back in June.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
There's a Jellystone in Cave City that has lots of stuff for the kids to do . They have a couple of pools, a waterslide,haytides and more. really targeted towards kids.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard