cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadian Winter + Floating Interlocking Vinyl Planking?

sting888
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Since there's a lot of snowbirds here I know they have a lot of experience with flooring in their RV's and exposure to freezing Canadian temperatures!

I'm trying to find people who have experience with floating interlocking vinyl planking in their RV and if it has broken or separated or been fine when exposured to Canadian winter cold?

I'm looking to put only a small 6x5 foot square section in my cargo van conversion.

PS> here's other options and why I've ruled them out due to below freezing temps:

Linoluem - heard many stories of it cracking.
Loose lay and glued vinyl planking - problems with shrinking, the seams opening, glue failing.
(Wood - might be ok, but I'll be getting it wet a lot as I'm very sporty, so it's not a good choice)

Thanks,
Lance
2 REPLIES 2

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
Our park model has laminate flooring and has been regularly exposed to below freezing temperatures and summer temps in the low 30's celsius. No sign of any issues after about 5 years.
1998 Carriage Conestoga 3742

MrLugs
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a felt underlay that has a foil side that is made to put under wood floors, I think it would work well under vinyl. Two way carpet tape around the edges works and it is stickier than Moose snot. Homedepot.ca has it, "Silver Lining Plus Acoustical Underlayment" If you want some aditional acoustic underlay simular to Dynamat try "Resisto Self-adhesive membrane composed of SBS modified bitumen. Aluminum on one side UV resistant. Reflects heat." Rona and Homehardware have it at a fraction of the price of Dynamat.Put it under the Felt it's only 2mm thick.
That will insulate and keep things nice a quiet.
2000 Southwind Storm 30H 31.5'
Banks Powerpack system
2003 Jeep Rubicon Toad
and a Dog