cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cedar Point - Lighthouse Point

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
I called Cedar Point today to see if we can have campfires at the Lighthouse Point CG. The guy that answered didn't speak very good English and he seemed as if he didn't understand me. Does anyone know if campfires are allowed here? and if so are fire rings provided?

Thank you !
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73
6 REPLIES 6

PSU1999
Explorer
Explorer
Ground fires are not permitted in the City of Sandusky where the campground is located. I've seen that posted there before but I believe it would be hard for a summer employee without strong English speaking skills to explain. The CG is an oasis and its hard to forget where you are when there!
Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2015 Keystone Summerland 2980 BH TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to everyone, exactly what I needed to hear about the park. We cant wait.

I received a phone call back from Cedar Point on an email I sent last week. You may have a campfire if you bring your own covered fir pit.

Thanks again!
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I believe years ago you could use a covered fire pit for a campfire but I would still try to get a correct answer from someone there. They hire a lot of kids from overseas so a language barrier is sometimes a issue.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Flintstones wrote:
You can cook on the elevated grille provided at each campsite, even cook marshmallows. But no campfires.

We have been to Lighthouse Point five times over the past years, Lighthouse Point IS something to get excited about. All sites are either concrete pull thru's or concrete back in's with full hookups, cable, and large picnic table. The park itself offers bath houses, laundry, a really nice pool area, shuffleboard, a camp store, and a dock to fish from. It's extremely well maintained as well.

Early admission to Cedar Point for all guests, shuttle buses to various drop off points within the park, and an easy walk to the water park as well as the amusement park. We love to camp there and hear the screams of guests on the roller coasters.

What he said. If you're going to Cedar Point and own an RV, you have it made. You are right next to the less crowded back entrance to the park, close enough to take a break or eat lunch in your camper. You avoid driving in traffic to get to the park, paying for parking, walking the huge main parking lot, then looking for your car in the dark. Instead you get in early, ride the coasters until they shut them off, and you're a short walk from your own bed.

It's the only way to go. And as much as we love having a fire, we don't miss it, because after 12 hours of Cedar Point, everyone is ready for bed.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
You can cook on the elevated grille provided at each campsite, even cook marshmallows. But no campfires.

We have been to Lighthouse Point five times over the past years, Lighthouse Point IS something to get excited about. All sites are either concrete pull thru's or concrete back in's with full hookups, cable, and large picnic table. The park itself offers bath houses, laundry, a really nice pool area, shuffleboard, a camp store, and a dock to fish from. It's extremely well maintained as well.

Early admission to Cedar Point for all guests, shuttle buses to various drop off points within the park, and an easy walk to the water park as well as the amusement park. We love to camp there and hear the screams of guests on the roller coasters.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grills are provided but campfires are not allowed. Campgrounds are ok because of the convenience to Cedar Point but really offer nothing else to get excited about.