cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG recommendations Florida panhandle

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I are planning an extended trip in our 32'MH with slides, with toad. Looking to stay anywhere from 3-5 days anywhere between Pensacola area and Panama City Region. Would appreciate your experiences at CGs in this area. Our schedule is flexible, should be in the area between last week of Sep to first week of October. Looking for FHU, waterfront not necessary. Would like level site with enough room to enjoy being outside under our awning. Passport America would be great, but Good Sam also fine. Would actually prefer not shady so we can use our sat tv. Thanks.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
11 REPLIES 11

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
2 Retired wrote:
DH and I are planning an extended trip in our 32'MH with slides, with toad. Looking to stay anywhere from 3-5 days anywhere between Pensacola area and Panama City Region. Would appreciate your experiences at CGs in this area. Our schedule is flexible, should be in the area between last week of Sep to first week of October. Looking for FHU, waterfront not necessary. Would like level site with enough room to enjoy being outside under our awning. Passport America would be great, but Good Sam also fine. Would actually prefer not shady so we can use our sat tv. Thanks.

i would look at Santa Rosa Beach in Navarre;Camping On The Gulf in Destin;Topsail In Santa Rosa Beach;HoHum in Carrabelle(my first choice) ;and Governor's campground in St Joes,Florida...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of the state parks in the panhandle area you have to make reservations 11 months ahead of time to get a site usually from mid Feburary until right after thanksgiving. You can luck up sometimes and get a spot when someone cancels. We luck up last year and got a site at Henderson beach for thanksgiving week in July someone had cancelled. Moral of my statement is if there is a place your really wanting to stay at keep checking to see if something comes open. Good luck I live within 200 mile radius of a lot of the parks in the panhandle and get aggravated because I can't get a site for a spur of the moment quick weekend trip.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
All the recomendations are right on. We make reservations 11-12 months out and even then miss our spots. Early bird gets the campground.

We got spots in the panhandle making reservations 3 weeks ahead of time last winter. However, we only stayed a week or 2 at each spot. If you're looking for the entire winter now you're into the long term sites.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
All the recomendations are right on. We make reservations 11-12 months out and even then miss our spots. Early bird gets the campground.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Just check with Topsail Hill and see where the site rebuilding project is. We were there in Feb and they were ripping up a bunch of sites which made for some noise and dust. In the plus side, the older, tree root riddled sites were going and new, level gravel sites are being put in their place.

If you go further east, I can also recommend Ho Hum RV Park in Carabelle.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
2 Retired wrote:

We stay at Topsail Hill regularly. It's a former private campground converted to a state park. Full hook-ups, cable TV, shuttle to the beach, close to Destin, and all of that at state park rates! We love it.
Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Grayton Bch SP has a FHU loop.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre is a Passport America park. Read the restrictions on the PA website - drive up only no reservations, etc.
We like Azalea Landing RV Resort in Freeport FL. They have weekly rates. Not satellite friendly but they do have cable.
There are a couple of RV parks in Milton farther away from the Gulf that might be cheaper. Avalon Landing looks nice.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Blackwater SP is nice and clean, but small. If you are retired military or DOD, checkout Blue Angel on HWY 98 or NAS has a campground on base.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Topsail Hill SP, Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Just east of Destin. One of the best SP's anywhere...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Ft. Pickens, in Pensacola, is nice. Another nice state park is Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL. Some nice private parks are: Top Sail in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, Navarre Beach Campground in Navarre, FL., and Anchors Aweigh RV Park in Foley, AL. All are very nice private campgrounds and RV friendly.