cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG suggestion Portland/Vancouver area next weekend?

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Am hoping to go the the Portland Historic car races at Portland International Raceway 9th-12th and need a CG in the area not too far from the Raceway which is close to I-5 and Columbia River. This is a late decision and have not researched CGs in the area. I'm assuming CGs near the Raceway will be busy. Maybe there is more of a chance in the outskirts of Vancouver?

Any suggestions? Have membership in RPI and Thousand Trails but it doesn't look they have anything around Portland. Have a truck and 29' TT if that matters.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
You're only 30 mins from the track. Not really that bad.

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope you had fun! Next year, check into RV spaces at the track.

I've been going to the races at Portland for decades, and have never camped anywhere but at the track.

Pacnwguy
Explorer
Explorer
You might also check Roamers rest RV park in Tualatin Or. It's about 15 miles south.

Pacnwguy
Explorer
Explorer
Vancouver RV park is really close

Fire5er
Explorer
Explorer
Columbia Riverfront RV park in Woodland, WA is a great place. Right on the Columbia river and you can watch the river boat traffic going up and down the river from your RV windows.
2011 F350 CC, 6.7, LB, DRW.
Hijacker (24-UMS-21) 21k Underbox Hitch.
2014 Big Sky Montana
PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We use Ainsworth State Park in Troutdale, about 30 min drive to town. Has full hook-ups and some big pull ins.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
Fairview is a nice park but quiet a distance from race track. Did you try Vancouver RV Park 7603 NE 13th Ave 360-695-1158 ?
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cottontop wrote:
http://www.freeguidetonwcamping.com/oregon_washington_main/Oregon/Portland_Area/Portland_Area.htm
You will find this is the closes to race track Jantzen Beach RV
But us the web sit above and find sites all over OR.
There is another on Marine Drive about the same distance.

Thanks for the info. Jantzen Beach was fully booked as were many nearby ones. A couple had 2 days available but not the 5 I wanted.

I ended up getting into Portland Fairview RV Park on the eastern side of Portland. Sounds good by reviews except is near the airport.

First time towing our TT alone so I hope I don't get lost on the way into the RV park.

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.freeguidetonwcamping.com/oregon_washington_main/Oregon/Portland_Area/Portland_Area.htm
You will find this is the closes to race track Jantzen Beach RV
But us the web sit above and find sites all over OR.
There is another on Marine Drive about the same distance.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
About all I can seem to find is Columbia River RV Park which location-wise is good (if a site available) but it's close to the airport.