cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cumberland Gap Natl Park

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommended campgrounds near the Park. I am aware of the Wilderness Road State Park but they don't take reservations. I do need 30 or 50 amp and water would be nice. I will be there the middle of May for 3 or 4 days.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

Dave2001
Explorer
Explorer
Natural Tunnel State Park in Duffield VA about 65 miles away and 1 1/2 hours drive time on route 58 is a nice park. Especially the new section called Lovers Leap. 50 amp service and water at site. Nice restrooms and nice sized sites. We drove from Natural Tunnel SP to Wilderness Road SP, as a side trip. The road was not bad, but had some hills.
Also about the same distance is Panther Creek State Park in Morristown TN. Some sites also have sewer hookup and prices are reasonable and park is nice.
2005 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 32SKD
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad cab, 4x4, HO, 6spd, 4:10

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I also stayed within the park, and there were making improvements to some of the sites at the time.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed right in the National Park campsite, and that is what I would do again. We had water available, but not a water hook-up. Since we were there only 2 nights, that was no problem for us. We used our on-board water and supplemented with water from the hydrant. We had electric and used the dump station.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
50 miles in Corbin is a KOA. Also we liked Levi Jackson State Park KY. They have a few full hookup 50a sites.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain pass CG looks nice, right on the river, thats about the only choices that are close.

Bunch Hollow campground and resort is about 25 miles and 50 min drive away.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also