cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Current Conditions @ Bryce National Park

BillandCarole
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to go to Bryce and stay at either of the 2 campgrounds (Sunset or North). We are concerned about getting into the park after we make the grind up from Las Vegas on I-15. Does anyone what the situation is in that area?
We would be leaving Vegas on the 14th or 15th to head up there.
Thanks
Bill and Carole
2K8 Chevy LTZ Turbo Diesel 4x4
Cats Vino, and "Stubby"
Transfer Flow Tank
2017 Fox Mountain 235RLS
Reese 16K Slider
Honda EU2000's to power the toys
Garmin GPS's/Android Pixel 2XL -WAZE
"And were still wandering..."
12 REPLIES 12

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer
Went up thru St George from Vegas last weekend. I-15 was an easy drive as it was all open-some scheduled construction just south of St George but nothing major.
Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

rhinowino
Explorer
Explorer
Any road updates? Also, what's the best route to Bryce from Vegas pulling a trailer? We are going to hit Bryce first and head back South via Zion.

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Did the reverse - Panguitch, UT to Las Vegas. The detour is not too bad - just heavy traffic on two lane roads. Our actual travel time was less than 4 hours - 300 miles vs 228.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

cacoon
Explorer
Explorer
You can call Nevada Highway Patrol for current updates on I-15.

The number to NHP is 702-486-5090 their website NevadaNHP also has a mao if current road issues.
Cacoon

BillandCarole
Explorer
Explorer
garmp1 wrote:
BilleandCarole wrote:
There is now a 45 mile work-around instead of the 250 mile one from Vegas, so were at least considering it. The 250 mile one was taking up to 8 hours in stop and go traffic... ugh

Billandcarole: Help! I'm lost! Work-around? Instead of 250 miles it is now 45??? Looked at Google Maps and I'm lost. Please explain. We were thinking of a trip to Bryce Canyon next year and if Vegas is only 45 miles away, why not?

Bryce us about 240 miles from Las Vegas. With the detours from the flooding its now between 300 and 500, depending upon the detour chosen.
Bill
Cats Vino, and "Stubby"
Transfer Flow Tank
2017 Fox Mountain 235RLS
Reese 16K Slider

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
BilleandCarole wrote:
There is now a 45 mile work-around instead of the 250 mile one from Vegas, so were at least considering it. The 250 mile one was taking up to 8 hours in stop and go traffic... ugh

Billandcarole: Help! I'm lost! Work-around? Instead of 250 miles it is now 45??? Looked at Google Maps and I'm lost. Please explain. We were thinking of a trip to Bryce Canyon next year and if Vegas is only 45 miles away, why not?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

BillandCarole
Explorer
Explorer
mike24 wrote:
WE where there today just beautiful saw two 8 point bucks 1 antelope 7 doe. Camp grounds where pretty full. The park was very busy Park at the visiting center get the free shuttle take to4 main look out hard to find a place to park, it comes around every 15 min. then get off at the visiting center the take your vehicle for the other look outs not as crowded.

Could you tell if there were any available camping sites suitable for a 25 ft 5th wheel?
Thanks
Bill
Cats Vino, and "Stubby"
Transfer Flow Tank
2017 Fox Mountain 235RLS
Reese 16K Slider

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
WE where there today just beautiful saw two 8 point bucks 1 antelope 7 doe. Camp grounds where pretty full. The park was very busy Park at the visiting center get the free shuttle take to4 main look out hard to find a place to park, it comes around every 15 min. then get off at the visiting center the take your vehicle for the other look outs not as crowded.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Campgrounds are fine. They didn't even evacuate Bryce's campground. You're good to go.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would check the Park Service website. I saw a brief TV clip about flooding at Zion, but it APPEARED to be just some hiking trails in the floor of the canyon.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

BillandCarole
Explorer
Explorer
guidry wrote:
Check to see if the 15 is open, rain took it out a few days ago. We drove from Zion to Bryce and the road washed out right after we drove through. We had to drive a long way around to get back to our campground. Weather wise should be great for you. We had a lot of rain and flash floods. The hiking was still great though. Safe travels

Were mostly concerned with the conditions in the campgrounds. Are they damaged, accessible,and available? Hate to drive all that way and find things washed out or not accessible.
Thanks for your time and effort.
regards
Bill
Cats Vino, and "Stubby"
Transfer Flow Tank
2017 Fox Mountain 235RLS
Reese 16K Slider

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Check to see if the 15 is open, rain took it out a few days ago. We drove from Zion to Bryce and the road washed out right after we drove through. We had to drive a long way around to get back to our campground. Weather wise should be great for you. We had a lot of rain and flash floods. The hiking was still great though. Safe travels