cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, Ohio

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any knowledge as to how this place is for camping? Limited reviews that I can find. Looking for a place to stay as close to Cleveland that I can get. Thanks!
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!
2 REPLIES 2

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's very basic, and won't be crowded (unless you are there Fair week, Aug 10-16). Easy access to highway, and about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Cleveland. Berea has good bars and diners within a 15 minute walk from the fairgrounds (it's a college town).

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Elkhart, Indiana Fairgrounds before (several times) for various reasons. Looking at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds web site (Click here), the photos could be from the same 2 county fairgrounds.

Looks like you can get water and electric and a dump station. Looks like you'll be parked in direct sun with no trees. Looks like you'll have access to the fairground amenities (at least some of them). I don't see where they provide a picnic table either. (Elkhart did not provide picnic tables either). And if 2 campers are parked together, you may have to share a single water spigot.

Basically, it looks like it's just a place to park and sleep. Depending upon the reason you are deciding to go there, will determine if that's all you need. If you are going there to experience the county fair, according to the web site, you won't. There's no RV parking during "events."

Again, I'm speaking from my own experiences at other county fairground RV areas, it's a place to park with power and water, and that's about it. Bring a Quick Shade canopy. Your awning may not be big enough to shade you from the sun if you decide to sit outside a while.