cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

david crockett campground

jbmoo
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone been to david crockett campground in Lawrenceburg tenn.? planning trip there in june, any warnings recommendations? thanks.
jbmoo
2013 ram 2500 cummins
2004 hr savoy
5 REPLIES 5

jbmoo
Explorer
Explorer
back home from david crockett park, great time , great park, only complaint was the site was a little hard to level camper on but not un-doable. you are apt to have that anywhere. will definetly return again sometime.
jbmoo
2013 ram 2500 cummins
2004 hr savoy

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
In the "just in good humor" department.

Several years ago, we planned a trip from East Texas through Tennessee from West to East, every night depending on the total itinerary. On a Sunday afternoon we pulled into Davy Crockett Park where the entry was wide-open with no attendant on duty. As we drove on into the campground we were met by the occupant of a single RV that we could see with this call, "Sorry, the campground is closed. The Governor and the legislature are in a struggle over funds and all state parks are now closed on week-ends."

When we got home, I wrote a nice letter to the Governor of Tennessee including a reference to how much Davy Crockett meant to the independence of Texas in 1836. I guess he did not appreciate my good humored message. I never got a reply--and therefore missed the one opportunity I have had so far to stay in Davy Crockett.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
We were there several years ago after making the Natchez Trace. Enjoyed the park. Have fun!!!
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

jujububbajr
Explorer
Explorer
I live 5 minutes away. We go often for short weekend trips. If you want pics of anything let me know and I'll get them.
2004 Ram 3500 2wd Dually
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Been there. Great park, enjoy yourself.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006